Hudl 2 stuck on Start screen "turning on wifi"

Guest wellesbournered

Guest wellesbournered

My Hudl 2, would not connect to bluetooth and wifi, I did a factory reset and now I cannot get beyond the first screen as the device shows "turning on wifi"

Spoke to Tesco Support, who were useless ( try factory reset a few times) and finally have agreed to send me £30 compensation and have written me off.

I would like to try to resurrect the device.

I suspect the problem arose following the Lollipop update. I have searched around the forums , but not come up with a fix.

I am not sure if USB debugging is enabled as I can't get to the sttings

HELP!!

wellesbournered

Guest wellesbournered

Well I seem to have resolved this issue, but not entirely sure why.

Multiple resets eventually got beyond the start screen and allowed a sign in to a wifi network - so I could sign in to Google and set up the Hudl

Then the wifi signal kept repeatedly dropping - every 10 seconds or so,

Multiple turning on and off (daren't reset in case lost wifi completely) made little difference.

Then changed location setting from High Accuracy to device only and (touch wood) all seems resolved.

I am now about to turn off and see what happens

Wellesbourne red

• 1 month later...
Guest nostromov
On 4/16/2017 at 7:43 PM, wellesbournered said:

Then changed location setting from High Accuracy to device only and (touch wood) all seems resolved.

This is lucky, because on this old Samsung Galaxy 3 (which I'd managed to sell, years ago, somehow!), WiFi would turn on literally whenever it felt like it (and stay on, just as long), meh. Certainly, there was a problem with the chip, but maybe just some shielding melted away, or something... In any case, 100% a problem for guys at a shop; I wouldn't even know where to start. Good luck with yours!.. Perhaps there's an option where you could use the computer's modem to connect and install whatever you may need. Heh. =)

Edited by nostromov
Spelling