Hardware Problem?

Guest NebulaJoker

Guest NebulaJoker

Dunno if it's in the right board, but yeah.

Last night, my phone started not connecting to network. Thought it may had been some kind of maintenance or downtime, so I wasn't alarmed, but today the same thing happened. However, another Vodafone phone in this household had connection, and when I tried putting my SIM in it, it connected as well. Continuing to test, I put another SIM on my Smart Ultra 6, where I also got the no network message.

I haven't tried factory resetting, do you think it's worth a shot, or is it really a hardware problem? I used to be rooted, but ended up dropping it to go for 6.0, so I'm clean now, but there might be logs and the flash counter, so is there a way to clean them?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Skirttles

Hardware problem.

Had The Same problem with mine, Board was replaced at vodafone. Now its fine.

Edited by Skirttles

Guest NebulaJoker
2 minutes ago, Skirttles said:

Hardware problem.

Had The Same problem with mine, Board was replaced at vodafone. Now its fine.

How long did it take? A couple of weeks?

Also, did you have root at the time? Did you have to clean the flash counter or something?

Guest lunario
How long did it take? A couple of weeks?

Also, did you have root at the time? Did you have to clean the flash counter or something?

If the phone is rooted you nerd to reflash the ROM and original recovery to avoid problems

Guest NebulaJoker
1 hour ago, lunario said:

If the phone is rooted you nerd to reflash the ROM and original recovery to avoid problems

Nah, it was rooted but I flashed the stock ROM when I updated to 6.0. Wasn't there a flash counter or something? I heard something about it and how manufacturers could read it. And I have a few recovery logs, are those fine? Shouldn't they be deleted first?

Guest Skirttles

I was on cm12.1.

I just flashed the stock Recovery and stock rom and send it to vodafone.

Took about 2weeks go get it back from repair.