Video Stream

Guest 123tcpip

Guest 123tcpip

If anyone wants to have a play at playing a live TV stream.

http://62.49.,206.179:8080

This is connected to my Tivo so it may be content that Tivo decides to record.

I'd be interested in any feedback as I have been streaming TV to the USA for the last couple years using WM Encoder for a friend of mine in NY.

I have tried to make the most of the GPRS bandwith and mine manages to maintain a stream without bufffering if once the streaming is playing you go to "properties you should be able to see the stream params..

Rob

Just tried it now mate, it does stream the audio well but the picture is very jerky on mine! and it is buffering about every 30 seconds!

Does signal strength effect the speed of GPRS?

What TV station is it?

Guest 123tcpip

>Does signal strength effect the speed of GPRS?

Sure does, the weaker the signal the less chance you have of making a high speed GPRS connection.

Off the top of my head I think the GPRS channel starts at 21k and goes to 43k on Orange. AIUI the higher the signal the less error checking/correction required so all the bandwidth is used, as your singal drops so errors appear.

At this point some of the bandwdth is used for error correction.

So in the worst case connection you would probably get a 10k connection with 10k of error checking or is your in a reasonable area and traffic/GPRS channels are available you would get a 30k channel with 10k of error correction.

If you sat next to a non busy cellsite and could epect to get 43k connection with no error correction

(If anyone has the correct values please post them)

What TV station is it?

Guest 123tcpip

>Does signal strength effect the speed of GPRS?

Sure does, the weaker the signal the less chance you have of making a high speed GPRS connection.

Off the top of my head I think the GPRS channel starts at 21k and goes to 43k on Orange. AIUI the higher the signal the less error checking/correction required so all the bandwidth is used, as your singal drops so errors appear.

At this point some of the bandwdth is used for error correction.

So in the worst case connection you would probably get a 10k connection with 10k of error checking or if your in a reasonable area and traffic/GPRS channels are available you would get a 30k channel with 10k of error correction.

If you sat next to a non busy cellsite and could expect to get a 43k connection with no error correction

(If anyone has the correct values please post them)

What TV station is it?

Guest 123tcpip
So what hardware / software are you using to do this?

P

A 1.2ghz pc with a wintv card and an adsl connection.

If anyone needs help I can point you in the right direction.

It only takes 5 mins to get it going.

I have the advantage of a fix IP address but it could be done with dynamic IP if you know what your IP currently is.

Rob