PocketDivx ALPHA04

Guest malloc

Hi all,

This is the latest version Alpha04 of the PocketDivx for Smartphone.

(along with the source code)

-> PocketDivx Download

It's probably going to be the last version I'll make, because I find

the player in this state enough for what I want to do with it (watching

simpsons and southpark episodes in the train on my way to work),

and I would like to use the small amount of free time I have to work

on a Smartphone game...

There's still lot of things to do, so if someone would like to continue

this project, he's welcome :wink:

(Still to do : a bettet file selector, a playlist editor, an install soft,

a config dialog...)

malloc

Guest HelloDave

Put everthing in the .rar file into a folder on your SD card and then run PocketMVP.exe. If you mean where do you put videos etc, they go in the same folder as the program files, eg Storage CardPocket DiVX

Guest stillwaiting

MasterBlaster how far have u got.

Have you pasted the contents of the folder into a folder on your storage card

If so then you need to create a shortcut to PocketMVP.exe which you place in the IPSM/WINDOWS/STARTMENU.

Any further ?'s don't hesitate to ask

P.S. Monolithix have your divx's worked okay on the previous versions?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Using 5.02 and 5.03 110kbps, 176x220 res, -1 bicubic, decimate by 2 and 3.

For my video settings. I've tried videio/animation/larger/small files, all with the same blank screen results, although futurama gave me a scrambled frame when it started playing, and nothing else...

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

I have pasted the folder into a folder on my SD card BUT how do i create the shortcut to PoctetMVP.exe???? I only play games on my PC so all this stuff is new to me :oops: :oops:

Guest HelloDave

Monolithix: Have you deleted any registry settings from previous versions? I can send you a short clip that works for me if you want.

Master Blaster: Open up the SD card folder in Windows Explorer. Right click on PocketMVP.exe and click "create shortcut". Copy that shortcut to IPSMWindowsStart Menu.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yep removed it, i'll double check its not there now though as i've been switching back and forth recently (but i definatley didnt work before).

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

Eeeeerrrr when i open up my Sd card i cant see any "PocketMVP" all a have is DivxPack04... i guess i have missed something (this is :oops: )

Guest stillwaiting

MasterBlaster- This will only work with app unlocked phones

1) Goto storage card-folder for PocketMVP .exe

2) Right click PocketMVP.exe-options will appear-choose create shortcut

3) Copy short cut and then paste in IPSM/WINDOWS/START MENU

4) Go back to storagecard/pocket divx folder and delete shortcut

5) You should now be able to see a movie clipboard in your menu if not then switch the phone off and on and it should appear

Monolithix- are u saving as avi's

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

My phone is unlocked and the file i DLed is called DivxPack04.rar so i right click on it and cope to my SD card to a folder called PocketDiVX and when i open the folder i cant see any PocketMVP??!!!???? :? :?

Guest stillwaiting

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank malloc for all his hard work in bringing to SPV owners probably one of the best applications released so far.

The fact that the Spv could play movies was a major factor in my decision to purchase this phone but, to have such clarity and smoothness in the way it plays movies has just blown me away as it has others who have had the privilege to see it.

Your work is and will be appreciated for a long time to come.

Guest stillwaiting

When u unzip it u get a folder Divx04, inside that folder u get another folder called Divx04, all the files u need should be inside that folder, copy them in to the folder u created on your storage card and follow the previous tips.

If you can't find these files then try downloading the rar. again

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

:? Where are you DLing the DiVX from??? cos when i get the wipzip file DLed all thats inside is the one file called "DivxPack04.rar" and thats after i have unziped it!!!!! and i cant seem to do anything with the file i have got (DivxPack04.rar) :cry:

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-

:x Can anyone tell me for start to finish how to bloody do this With out leaving things out(like i needed winrar!!!) heres where am at ....1) Have downloaded DivixPack04Srcfull 2) i then downloaded winrar 3)i then unziped DivxPack04Srcfull 4)When unziped i have a folder thats called "PocketMVP_8M 5) I then copy the contents on said folder in to another folder on my SD card called Pocket DiVX4(takes ages!!) 6)Cant find PocketMVP.exe.... 7) Swear at PC and SPV loudly for 5mins ..... So can anyone please me the mongo way as i am new to all this ...PS should any one need to know how to mod any PC games THEN i can help :wink:

Colonel Hogan on Smartphony found these great settings :

(source : http://9eek.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2526)

Filter resize: 208*160

Filter rotate: 90°

Vidéo/frame rate:

Frame rate decimation: Process every other frame(decimate by 2)

(seems to be for 25fps source)

Compression :

DivX 5.0.2 Débit : 180Kb/s

Maxkeyframe interval: 15 frames

Audio:

Conversion sampling rate 11025hz, Channels Mono

Compression Mp3 11khz 8bits mono 18kb/s

hope this helps

malloc

Guest MasterBlaster-UK-
:x Can anyone tell me for start to finish how to bloody do this With out leaving things out(like i needed  winrar!!!) heres where am at ....1) Have downloaded DivixPack04Srcfull    2) i then downloaded winrar   3)i then unziped DivxPack04Srcfull   4)When unziped i have a folder thats called "PocketMVP_8M   5) I then copy the contents on said folder in to another folder on my SD card called Pocket DiVX4(takes ages!!)   6)Cant find PocketMVP.exe.... 7) Swear at PC and SPV loudly for 5mins .....   So can anyone please me the mongo way as i am new to all this ...PS should any one need to know how to mod any PC games THEN i can help :wink: