PocketDivx ALPHA04

Guest malloc

you need to download COMPLETE again....

did the same for me....

had to rename the first downloaded file as it the P.C thought it had it..

then hey presto...

should be there, if not let me know i'll PM ya.

kmon

Guest shadieb

Having just recently done the decert and the upgrade, this has has to be the most impressive (beats Doom) piece of kit released for the SPV. Malloc I salute you, and I can honestly say, hand on heart, that it makes watching movies/videos/clips etc on the SPV a sheer joy.

Anybody who hasn't done a decert, do it now and install this. Encoding takes a little working out, but its well worth it. Fabulous is all I can say.

Thankyou.

Guest jaknife2000

Hi ya,

I am using Virtual Dub (Freeware) to encode mine.

On one of the threads is a link to the software, and a guide on what settings you need to put in to get the divx looking good and fast on the SPV, ROTATE, FPS etc.

I hope this helps.

Guest s_cox_99

I just found that my avi would stop if I didnt turn off use GMC in the divx 502 settings, hope that helps people.

Enhancements and bi-directional encoding do work though

Firstly you need to app unlock your phone so that it can run un-certified apps. Then download Version 4 as that is the latest release. Copy the entire folder onto your sd card then either create a shortcut of the exe onto your start menu or use all explorer to run the exe.

Guest ajb3000

someone please continue developing this software!! It has so much potential yet is still quite buggy. If you could get a 'release quality' app out of this I would pay for it!! (or at least make a contribution to the developer as its under GPL).

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Unfortunately malloc has said that as it now meet's his personal needs (play's divx's back smoothly with little problems) he isn't oging to spend any more time on it. It would be up to someone else to pick up the source (see my site) and keep working on it....

Guest spacecowboy6982

This file comtains an inconmpatible video format 1.

I've tried DIvX's and avi's but it always comes up with that error message.

N e ideas?

Cheers

Guest Thurstan

I've had a search but can't find this:

Anyone know of a free/cheap piece of software which I can use to convert backed-up DVDs to AVI/DIVx for use on PocketMVP?

Guest ajb3000

How I copy DVDs to DivX for the SPV:

Rip to Hard Drive with Smartripper

Convert to DivX with DVDx

Resize, Decimate Framerate, Rotate, Downsample Sound with VirtualDub

Copy to SPV and watch on PocketMVP

Guest fraser
Rip to Hard Drive with Smartripper  

Convert to DivX with DVDx  

Resize, Decimate Framerate, Rotate, Downsample Sound with VirtualDub  

Copy to SPV and watch on PocketMVP

Isn't that a bad way to do it? You have two compression phases to DivX, each with it's own loss of quality. It's equivalent to ripping a CD to 128kbit/s mp3, then converting that to 64kbit/s. You would have better quality if you converted straight from the source to 64kbit/s.

Plus, with the artifacts introduced by the first DivX encoding, you would not get as much compression in the final file, as the artifacts get encoded as well, complicating the picture.

I'd suggest doing the VirtualDub stuff with the file produced with Smartripper. It would be quicker as well.

Of course, I may be completely wrong! Can VirtualDub cope with the output from the Smartripper phase? If it can't, then my suggestion is useless! :)

Guest siu99spj

I'd suggest doing the VirtualDub stuff with the file produced with Smartripper. It would be quicker as well.

Of course, I may be completely wrong! Can VirtualDub cope with the output from the Smartripper phase? If it can't, then my suggestion is useless!

Guest spacemonkey

If you are going straight from dvd to spv, try a product called GordianKnot, it basically uses all the normal apps like smartripper, dvd2avi and virtual dub, but provides a simple front end and guidance to manage the whole process.

It even has stuff for resizing so would probably work perfectly for spv. (I've only used it in the past for ripping DVDs to normal divx.)

For more information and downloads try http://www.doom9.org

Guest Michael Eyres

I only have 4 files downloaded when you say download all files which do I choise for PocketMVP .exe from the website for SPV.... In other words were EXACTLY do I get pocketMVP from in the web site... sorry it may be obvious to experts but to us lot it's very difficult to follow your instructions..

Please help

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

See my site in my sig. Download it from there, unzip and copy all the contents to a folder on your SD card, create a shortcut in your start menu and your laughing.

Enjoy :)

Guest Billy Marrafyass

I've recently decerted and have just got to grips with converting mpegs etc to appropriate wma files using windows media encoder.

I've got Pocket DivX ready rumble but I'm assuming I need a similar encoder...???? DivX is on my PC - is there a feature on there to convert?? Or can anyone point me in the right direction/right thread for instructions?

Any help would be greatle appreciated.