PocketDivx ALPHA04

Guest malloc

Guest muude

Maverick>> You need to use DivX 5.02. I used 5.03 at first and it did play, but 5.02 is definately better. Don't know if the newest version even supports 5.03 as I couldn't get it to work.

Guest siu99spj

Its seems very odd that some people can and some can't encode with DivX 5.03. I have had absolutely no problems. :?

The only things I do are DISABLE the bi-directional encoding (Last tab on the settings window, 'Profile') and set the device I'm encoding to as 'Portable' (Also in the Profile page). With these I've watched Buffy and Monsters Inc.

Hope this helps. If people request enough, I may even do an entire tutorial with pictures and stuff, but it seems like only a few actually need it. I feel my time is better spent trying to get Dooms keys configurable... :)

Simon 8-)

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Dear All

I have sussed (with everyone's help) how to use virtual dub and convert into divX. Are there any settings that make these files smaller? A 33Mb avi into 22.9Mb divX avi. Anyway to make these smaller without them looking rubbish??

Guest PsychoDave

If you give us an idea of what settings your using maybe we can suggest something, not that i'm much good ;)

The man of the mo seems to be our clint tho :)

Guest PsychoDave

Are you using the decimate option in video/framerate. I usually set it to decimate by three.

This cuts your filesize by a third but also reduces overall quality, not that i have really noticed much difference.

Hope this helps or attracts the attention of someone that knows what there talkin about :)

Guest skimask

Guys, I'm no good at this encoding business. Anyone willing to share their encoded files, please pm me. (dunno if this breaks any rules, but I need help m8!)

Guest ClintEastman
Your settings can't be donloaded  :cry:

Some people have had trouble downloading attachments from MoDaCo (maybe Paul will look into it when he's back off hols), But i have tested them and they download fine for me.

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Thanks ClintEastman you are a gent! I may try lower audio settings as suggested above.

Skimask - don't despair! I'm sure some of these guys will point to threads that canhelp. I've only just started this stuff & I can now convet windows media files and now avis for Pocket DivX.

Only thing I can't do is encode mpegs - anyone got any ideas??

Also can someon point me to an appropriate thread re Orane update?? I d/loaded from monolithix but the install program said I needed to be ActivSynched AND connected to a power supply - I only got a USB connecter. I can get the right cable via eBay but is there any way round this?? Have I missed something?? If not isn't this a bit cheeky cos I can't update til i can charge NAD be connected to my PC at the same time.

Guest woody

have you got the cradle supplied with your phone??????????

if so you can put power to it and sync withit .that should solve your problem,no need for any extra cables

Guest Syvwlch
It appears I can't spell. Sorry.

Spelling don't matter, at least not too much. But well-formed sentences and paragraphs are much easier to read and understand :)

As for your real questions...

I assume your USB cable is not able to charge the phone (the phone doesn't show the little mains socket instead of the battery). There have been reports of people of people doing updates on just the battery, but that is iffy at best. The Charge and Sync cables you can find on the 'Net will do fine for the update.

for MPEG conversion, i'm no expert, but I use WME to convert them to AVI files (but not DivX!) something with little compression, and then use Vdub to convert the AVI to DivX.

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Er... I may be being completely thick but as far as I know I've got the USB Cardale which is currently active synched to the PC - as far as I can see there is no way to plug both power and usb at the same time...?? I just know I'm missing something REALLY obvious....

Guest awarner [MVP]

Have a look at the back of the cradle and you will

see a little socket, plug the charger in there :)

Don't worry a lot of people miss this at first.

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Right I'm off to eBay. I will endeavour to improve both my grammar and syntax in future :)

PS When I get the right equipent can I still install the update in a decertified phone?

Guest skimask

there's a socket at the back of the usb cradle mate, just plug the charger (minus the adaptor-thing) into the socket and you're off!

P.S. EDIT behave :) on the ps

Guest Billy Marrafyass

Indeed there is - many thanks lads. Still off to ebay for a SD card - Sandisk 256Mb from US : am I on the right track? Hope I'm not breaking any cross-topic rules!?

First things first though - the update....

Thanks again!