Download the update HERE!

Guest PaulOBrien

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HelloDave

Oh dear, downloads keep stalling - O have a mini DOS on their hands methinks! Up to 81% too :)

and am going to have fun with the imelody creation

What do you mean? You could create IMelodies pre-update!

just to let you know I downloaded and installed with no problems.

took about 1 min to download (I am at work on a 2MB connection)

took a bit longer than the O quoted 8 mins to install.

everything works fine - all contacts/calendar intact, and email still works as normal.

after you do the remove battery bit it had a fit for a minute or so, kept switching screens. only other comment is O could have written their installer a bit better for those less technical - the bit where it says erasing software might scare some people - and how can you then update some software if you have just erased it...

let you know if it crashes soon

How annoying is this....

I'm at work and just downloaded the update in less than a minute on our fast connection (Direct).

Anyway, tried to mail it to my home email address and there is a 5meg attachment limit on the office server.... aggghhh!!!

I know im going to get home and spend hours trying to download.

Someone said (sorry forgotten ure name!) in the giant thread that it would be possible for him to upload a backup of the original UK ROM to a server then us peeps with the DK update would be able to reflash the old one using WINHEX.

Can this be done?

Also Paul how can you get around the problem by using a XDA serial cable?

Guest strathclydezero
How annoying is this....

I'm at work and just downloaded the update in less than a minute on our fast connection (Direct).  

Anyway, tried to mail it to my home email address and there is a 5meg attachment limit on the office server.... aggghhh!!!

I know im going to get home and spend hours trying to download.

Put the upgrade file onto the SD card to take it home?

I have loaded the update and can confirm the following:

1) Does seem a little faster

2) Fixes the backlight on when locked problem. It does switch the display back on though, just not the backlight.

3) Does not effect the phone if you have unlocked it to run uncertified apps. i.e. If you have unlocked the phone, you will NOT have to unlock it again :) RESULT!

4) Signal strength seems better

All a bit tense while it loads though. You don't want a power cut half way through.

When I finally switched back on, it came up fairly quickly. I then entered my SIM code and got the menu. It then re-booted again. Not a problem, just don't be alarmed when it happens.

Hope this helps ;) .

Guest aponia1
You CANNOT install the update on top of a DK update, unless you have a SPV/XDA serial cable

So if I find a serial cable the installation is possible on top of a DK update.

Any special precautionsinstructions?

Guest jedi-masta

just done the update but me phones gone berzerk. asking me for sim password. i already put it in b4. does the phone restart again when you first start it up.

Would anyone be able to email me the file? I am in work at moment.I dont have internet connection at home, but usually download things in work. Problem is, we are not able to download anything from ftp in work.

Anyone sort me out PLEASE!

Surely if you mailed it to yourself at home you'd STILL be downloading a big file. Attached to an eMail it would be bigger because it has to encode the file first!

jp

Guest Matt Whitfield

Downloaded it fine (phat pipe at work), installed it. Pulled battery off and fired it up - Orange Ad on fired up, I said cancel and it rebooted... this time did continue and didn't select anything and it was fine.

Sweet.

all looks ok on my phone... BUT they didnt fix the " lights on when any button pressed when locked" issue... :)

*DAMN!*

im getting the same problem but not many other people are whats going on????