How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Guest kercool

help how do you downgrade bootloader .99 to .98 or is there a way to unlock .99 already?

when i downgrade to .98 and when i bring it back to .99 is it still openline?

thanks...

Guest MoRFLeZ

3 colour mode is accessed like this

1) Turn off your phone

2) Hold the voice record button down

3) While holding the voice record button down power on your phone

4) Press any key

5) Voila

Guest hjjorg

Hi i have Canary Version V1.07.4M

Australian Version of the Qtek 7070

Anyone know how to unlock that ?

without having to downgrade!

Well also another question, how do you change the initial load screen,

i know orange has the logo orange, smart has logo smart, qtek has qtek logo etc etc etc, so how do you do that ?

Thanks

HJJORG

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

No way to change the boot image without building your own ROM image (tricky). SIMunlock.exe is only compatible with .93, .97 and .98 versions of the bootloader

Guest virgil
For those of you in the Philippines (and elsewhere) DO NOT download the new software "upgrade" from Smart's website. ALL it is intended for is to LOCK your phone, and make it unlockable. It installs bootloader 1.04 and any future attempts to downgrade to .98 or .99 FAIL, and SPV unlock will not work, you just get the failure at 66% as others have reported. If anyone has a workaround for this new bootloader, I would appreciate any advice you may have. Thanks in advance. BTW, why would Smart sell a TRIBAND phone, and then lock it so you can't use it in a country that uses the 1900 MHZ band? (go figure)

tried everything!!! can't seem to download to lower version.

any techno-gizmo guys here...

Guest aicon

I did everything right but it just stops at 0%. I've tried on two different SPVs (bootloader ver. 0.93 & 0.98) I've done it with an orange sim in it, with no sim in it and even with a 'wrong' (another network's) sim in it. It stops at 0% and won't go further anyway I do it. (By the way for those who succeeded how long does it take usually from 0 to 100%?).

Can it be my PCs OS? I'm running Windows 98SE and all the instructions seem to be based on XP. Help me please I'm going mad!!! Mad, I tell you- all that phone and I can't have it: it's too much, Ican't stand it no, no no noooooo ARRGHHH!!!

OK, someone PLEASE help me before I do something I'll regret forever.

Thanks

Aide

Guest aicon

Thanks Will. Like moderators always say read the posts in a thread before you jump in and stick your foot in your mouth. You're right it's the OS. Luckily I'm getting my hands on a laptop running XP in the morning.

Problem solved! I knew I was in the right place.

Ah sweet sweet sanity...me and two SPVs unlocked, they're mine all mine ha ha ha haahahahahh, It's enough to drive you nuts!

Thanks all...

Aide

Guest awarner [MVP]
How do i find out which bootloader version i have and will i lose anything doing a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset?

Power off the phone, press and hold the record button then power up the phone.

DO NOT press any key when prompted to and you will see the Canary screen, this will display your bootloadr version.

As for a Hard Reset, yes you will lose everything, but why do you want to hard reset?

Guest Geeklord

I'm a Mac user and I sync my SAP with virtual PC. Everything works except for the SPVUnlock. I found out the long way that the unlock.exe only works with PC's not Macs. Everything else (downloads and cab file installations) will work. Just a little bit of info for all you SAP users who don't want to trade in your Macs.

PS. Thanks to all who visit this forum. this is where I get everything I know about the SAP. Smart and Microsoft are nothing compared to you guys. Thanks again.

Guest aicon

There's good news and bad news.

Good news - I've unlocked both phones now (Hooray)

Bad news - The radio is off on one of them (shows where the networks name should be) and I can't find instruvtions for turning it on anywhere (all the phone menus and the user guide). I've tried things like making a call but no dice. It just says turn the radio on without telling me how.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Aide

Guest bigdan

DO NOT press any key when prompted to and you will see the Canary screen, this will display your bootloadr version.

As for a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, yes you will lose everything, but why do you want to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset?

Thanks for replying Awarner,

Isn't it neccessary to do a hard reset when removing the simlock as described earlier in this thread?

Guest bigdan

As for a http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset, yes you will lose everything, but why do you want to http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?p=97945#97945>Hard Reset?

Thanks for replying Awarner,

Isn't it neccessary to do a hard reset when removing the simlock as described earlier in this thread?

Hi, I also have the Error Network Denied, Searching....

How can I fix that ???

Smartphone 2002 Version 3.0

Radio Version 1.24.00

Operator 1.3.5.6

Manufacturer 1.3.5.6

Cheers

PT-1

Guest aealden

Odd question but has anyone tried this on an orange sim card? I have 2 phones on an orange contract and actually want to use the spv on the other number.

Orange said they would not allows this as it is bound to the number it came with.

Hopefully this will be the answer to my prayers ..

Guest koppie

Waht is: "3 colors Canary menu." I am getting an error message saying:" make sure the phone is in boot loader mode" ?????????? Any ideas?

Guest koppie

Wha :) t is: "3 colors Canary menu." I am getting an error message saying:" make sure the phone is in boot loader mode" ?????????? Any ideas?

Guest PeeWee
Odd question but has anyone tried this on an orange sim card? I have 2 phones on an orange contract and actually want to use the spv on the other number.  

Orange said they would not allows this as it is bound to the number it came with.

Hopefully this will be the answer to my prayers ..

You should not need to unlock the phone to use a Orange SIM.

I have a new Orange SIM card in my SPV and there was no need for unlocking of the phone.

Did you try this?

Mine is working on a UK Pay As you Go Orange SIM now.