How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

OMG!!! Cant't wait to get back to my cradle to do this!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! This is THE excitement of the month!!! (i tried hard not to shout and keep capslock off)

PS: Will be pissed off if it don't work when I get back to my cradle :)

Guest DamianJauregui

I restarted my phone a second time [after entering the unlock code] and it asked for the code again. I entered it and restarted the handset and it worked fine.

All I need now for a perfect life is to have the battery last more than 24 hours of standard usage. My Nokia [now sporting an Orange SIM :shock:] can last for 4-5 days standard usage before needing a charge.

Damian.

Like many events in history, such as the Kennedy assasination, the moon landings and Michael Jacksons baby dangling incident, each of us will remember when and where we heard this piece of news!

I is happy!

Guest DamianJauregui

Hummm. So, now I have changed my SIM card I can't get Orange updates anymore. I suppose I'll have to periodically switch the SIM card to install the latest updates.

Does anyone know if I can download the latest UK update [windows executable] and use it on my Swiss SPV?

Damian.

Forget that, just found the update from Orange's website here:

http://www.orange.com/English/forwardthink...31/13050&bhcp=1

WOW HOW GOOD ALL HAIL WHO EVER SORTED THAT OUT SCREW U ORANGE!

Hmmm, why don't you phone them up and rap some korn lyrics at them?... If they actually read your posts they'd think we were a load of total dorks.

Well done to the guy that did this. And how disgusting is it that Orange will try to charge you an Admin fee for it in the first place.

Why are they doing it anyway ? I Can't canel the contract anyway, so they have the line rental guaranteed from me for the year, and if I was that intent on having an SPV but using Vodafone for calls, I'd carry two phones so either way they'd only get the line rental from me.

To try to charge you an admin fee for 0 effort, for undoing something they did in the first place, and for doing it to a phone you now own is a joke.

Looks like you guys have put an end to that admin charge anyway :-)

Next they'll probably try to charge us for fixing bugs !

Sorry, no Web download for this patch, it's only available over GPRS and it's a 60 Mb download.

Ant.

Guest agent.m
Hi where the f... are TASK MANAGER ????? I can't find it HELP :roll:

ctrl + alt + delete all at once on your pc :)

had to happen to me didnt it. i put £20 on my orange account on sunday. then last night after watching jacko on sky1 i find out about the sim unlock thing. this morning i get the phone unlocked using that program then i get a phone call on my way home from orange unlocking department, saying do i want to unlock my phone while im on the bus.

:lol:

p.s. I had a pay as you go account just for the record ;)

Guest spacemonkey

In reply to the last few posts :)

Task Manager- if you are running Windows 2k or XP right click on the taskbar (that long grey thing at the bottom of the screen, on the bar, not on one of the icons on the bar) and choose task manager off the list. If you aren't running Windows 2k or XP you can't use this tool.

It won't allow unsigned apps, this is only about Sim lock removal.

Orange Sim locks all their phones. It is partly a theory that they have that you won't take your phone to another network, thereby tieing you to Orange. It's also partly protection for you, theoretically if someone stole your phone, and you logged with Orange that it was nicked, they wouldn't be able to use it on Orange, cos it'd be blocked when you reported it stolen, and it wouldn't be able to be used anywhere else cos it's simlocked. Doesn't work tho, cos the crims know how to sim-unlock them.

Orange updates- what? what updates, the only real updates they've released so far (DK,UK one just now etc) have been files you download on your PC anyway.

Good effort whoever did this.

This update is truely kewl. I wonder who made it.. ?

Anyway: Now we just need some other proggy that permanently de-cert the phone. I know florin_m made this but I guess he want money to release it - but now I know that others can do what florin_m does, so lets see this proggy.. :)

Again: Big thnx to the dude that SIM unlocked the SPV !!

Guest spacemonkey
This update is truely kewl. I wonder who made it.. ?

Anyway: Now we just need some other proggy that permanently de-cert the phone. I know florin_m made this but I guess he want money to release it - but now I know that others can do what florin_m does, so lets see this proggy..    :)  

Again: Big thnx to the dude that SIM unlocked the SPV !!

Um-.... WHAT?!?!?!?!

This update wasn't done by some guy like florin_m it was done and released by Orange. Yes, Orange could permanently de-cert phones, but they don't want to... they certed them in the first place.

florin_m did his own update, he's the only Orange person I know of to have done this and as such he is also in the position to permanently de-cert.

I've run the sim unlock programme and have the unlock code for my SPV.

Now what do I do with it?

Have I got this right that it's only useful if I decide to change my phone contract to a cheaper data provider like O2?

As I am contracted with Orange for another 9 months should I bother to simunlock now?

If so how do I do it? Or do I need another providers SIM card first?

If so can I use my orange card afterwards and will it work fine?

Sorry lots of questions but I just wanted to be sure I understand.

Yes I have read tghrough this whole thread.

Thanks

Well RMWD - seems like you don't really need this thing in the first place. But if you want to know, when you incert a non-Orange SIM card it will ask you for the unlock code when SPV turned ON in the usual manner. Enter code. It will then tell you 'Phone unlocked'.

PS: OMG, I LOVE FRENCH!! JOB WELL DONE - I AM HAPPY AND THE PHONE IS TOTALY COOL NOW! BEST!