How to remove the SPV E100 SIM LOCK... PERMANENTLY!

Guest Star_Dudy

Guest Pondrew

Just wanted to add my thanks to you guys at MoDaCo for spreading the word, and to the developer(s) who made this unlock program available.

Last week I had an SPV that ran slow, ran flat, and made me run around replacing media skins in the windows directory. To make things worse there was little signal at home (I got the SPV DESPITE it being Orange, would have done anything for a smartphone). I think Orange provide a good service aside but why no signal so close to London?! :)

This week the update has greatly improved things, I've bitten the bullet and de-certed, used regedit to make my media skin permanent, been wowed by DoomSPV, and now unlocked the phone for other sims.

While Orange had little to do with this, I'll concede they supported and released the phone, (eventually) even updated it, so thanks to them too. But mainly thanks to MoDaCo. Keep it coming!

It's a good day to be an SPV owner 8)

Yeah but i'm on win 98SE and it doesn't work on that and win Me is essentially Win98 code. I think it something to do with USB driver support on these two platforms.

Hi!

I'm trying to unlock a SPV here. I've got the code, but at the screen that says "Enter SIM Unlocking code" is also says "The password is invalid. Please retry after 7680 seconds."

What's wrong? I HAVE waited 7680 seconds (128 minutes!) - but nothing happens? I still get the same message (wait 7680 seconds). I can't type anything in the code field?

[LATER: Well, I've now waited MORE than 7680 seconds (at the unlock screen), and suddenly I could write to code - and the phone is unlocked now...]

Guest grubi

I just bought a SPV and i tried to unlock the SPV with the SPVUnlock.exe like in the manual writen. after 66% following error message comes:

Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 66 % Invalid code - Aborting

Could anyone help me with this ?????

PS: i have the bootloader version 0.97

Guest alexd

???????? Time 13:50 GMT - the original link posted now seems to be dead!? Error 404 blah blah..

Have they been told to remove it I wonder!?

Lucky I printed it earlier this morning ! :) haha

Guest jeffmohd

hi,

i would like to say thank you to all for making thsi possible. i have managed to unlock my spv and now i am using O2. unfortunately, none of the settings i.e. mms, gprs and wap is working. can someone help with the configurations? thanks

Guest Syvwlch

Jave you tried Googling for them? Found settings for one of the alernative networks on a forum for another phone the other day.

Like this : http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=...+settings+O2+UK

One of the first results yields :

Go to ota.o2.co.uk/O2UK/index.jsp.

Alternatively, the settings are:

Data bearer: GPRS

Access point name: wap.o2.co.uk

Username: o2wap

Password: password

Authentication: Normal Gateway IP address: 193.113.200.195

URL address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

Session mode: Permanent

UNQUOTE

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

One tip is to add "5" to the number on the end of the url, this will force the 5th post on the page to become the first post.

Irritating but it works...

Guest jeffmohd
Press and hold "#"

thanks. but is till can't get connected to the net and gprs. can't even send mms. i m using O2 on the spv. please help! thanks again