Any super slick legal minds out there?

Guest phoenix

Guest phoenix

ok little conundrum

I have bought some tickets for a concert which i know to be for over 18s only

a member of our group is not 18

on the site they say they can refuse on age when shown in booking process that an age limit exists

well through the order process not one mention of an age restriction

so what is the verdict?

If the order process, from the point you visited the site, til when you paid for the ticket, it doesn't mention this age restriction, then you're legally entitled to a refund.

Act stupid and turn up to the gig. If you're refused (as long as you haven't received anything in post/email correspondence saying that you have to be over 18), you should contact the ticketseller and inform them of your situation. It's a relatively straightforward situation where a mistake of there's has resulted in a purchase that you wouldn't have made otherwise, so they should go ahead and process the refund quite quickly.

You don't have the order pages saved by any chance?

Keep a copy of everything which'll help you prove it.

The T&C's should be definite - as long as they don't mention the 18 rule, then them failing to include the rule purposely could constitute as misleading. I think it's more likely to be a mistake, in which case they (as long as they don't argue) should go ahead and refund the ticket vale if you don't get in.

In these type of situations, it's better to act stupid at first than clever - as if you know nothing at all. They're more likely to be sympathetic with you if you're stupid than if you're a clever arse...