Stopwatch v0.2 BETA 2 released.

Guest frijj2k

Guest frijj2k

Hi,

After several requests, the countdown timer/alarm application which was requested by a few users is ready for download.

You may be wondering why this is version 0.2 BETA 2... well thats coz its not the first version I did but it is the first version to be released.

The high precision stopwatch has been disabled in this release after a major slow down in performance was intruduced after using STScreenBuffer. I will resolve this issue when I have the time.

So for now it is just a countdown timer and the alarm is always on.

NOTE: You MUST install it to "IPSMProgram FilesStopwatch" at the moment. This will change soon.

You can hownload it here.

Sorry for the delay.... going to pub now....

Have fun.

Frijj2k 8)

Guest jaknife2000

hi ya,

I always seem to be the winging one when it comes to new apps, sorry, just my constructive critisim.

Ok, pleasantries first, looks good, nice clean display, functionally very sound.

Now the comment side.

Stopwatch Mode.

The stopwatch part doesn't seem to count properly, apart from the 100/s it never actually gets any seconds ?, or minutes.(I can't tell any further than that sorry.)

Countdown Mode.

More successful than the stopwatch mode, that is for sure.

It does countdown, all nice and clean, i hate the start and stop beeps, maybe they could be changed ? or be muted ? (Just a thought)

It countsdown and plays the alarm.wav file all nice and dandy. Excellent on that front.

When it has completed the countdown, and alarms ring and that, it resets itself, back the the 99 hours ? could there be a checkbox in the set time screen that says, keep setting ?

Also in that same kset time screen, the back button to delete a wrong keyed amount doesn't work, i set it to 1 hour rather than 1 minute (For testing, and when you back, it exits the app).

It runs in the background all nice and that, UNTIL, the alarm goes off, and its loud, which is a good thing, possibly a volume setting might be nice.

But could it be made to popup and display its gone off ? possibly with a stop button ?

I scared the life out of the cat when it went off and i had to try to get back into the app to stop it.

Possibly a repeat length in the set up screen ? to say number of times it repeats the alarm sound ? or a duration ?

Then when it does go off, under the menu option a repeat option ? if like the diabetic chap that requested this, he has to repeat the countdown regularly a repeat option rather than setting it up each time would be nice ?

I know it is early stages, and i am really sorry to winge, because that is what it feels like i am doing to you.

It has a lot of potential, and you are doing a good job, these are just my observations, so please dont take it to heart.

Keep up the good work, and i await testing it again for you.

Guest frijj2k

Stopwatch mode is disabled in this build... (So no ms)

It was working fine before i implemented a screen buffer using STScreenBuffer class but now the accuracy is up and down. I will fix this soon. I needed the screen buffer to stop the screen getting corrupted sometimes.

If you want I can post an old build on my website with the stopwatch feature. This will have to be dont tomorrow as I am late leaving the house already to go to the pub! ;-)

Or... I can enable the stopwatch but with no 100/s timing?!?! what u think?

Keep checking my site as I will post a few other new bits on there in the coming weeks.

Cheerz

Dave

Guest frijj2k

Jaknife2000.....

The high precision stopwatch has been disabled in this release after a major slow down in performance was intruduced after using STScreenBuffer. I will resolve this issue when I have the time.  

I know.......... ;-)

and your comments are welcome... it is still in early stages and I have been just doing the "odd-bit" here and there when i got a free mo. Also my programming background is mainly in Borland C++ Builder/Delphi using VCL rather than Win32/CE API and WTL which I have not done a lot of so learning as I go... :)

Thanks

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Nice app, although it did hang for a few minutes when the alarm started going off ;p

Want me to mirror it on my site once its finished? PM or email me.

Guest jaknife2000

No worries mate, i know exactly what you mean, i only just got the sdk and emulator working.

Im from a VB background, so i get completely lost too.

I (for now) have given up on the development side of SPV coding, not that i don't have some nice ideas, i just haven't got a clue on how to start them. hehe

I got the alarm sample working from www.smartphonedn.com

so thats a start i guess.

Nice site there Mono, saves people hunting all over the place.

Thumbs up.

I do have an observation tho Mono, there are a couple of good html / js progs for the SPV, worthy of a list on your site, the Retrofone sms sender, and the EuroConverter.

Its up to you if you add them, but i use them, so others might do too.

Hi guys,

If you need a hand feel free to shout ... frijj2k I am from the Delphi background too (see www.tritontools.com) ... so I know exactly where u shooting from :)

Send me a PM if you want to get in touch. I am sure we can share some knowledge here. For my apps visit the URL below ;)

Guest frijj2k

whoa... i am accessing modaco from my spv at my girlfriends house. just gotta let you guys know that i have uploaded the wrong version of Stopwatch! sorry. its an old build that i packaged. i have the same build on my phone and its quite buggy. i will upload the proper version tomorrow morning. sorry people. Dave

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

jaknife2000: (edit-- oops, getting java and javascript mixed up, sorry! :))

I need to do some updating today (New GnuBoy etc...) and i'll put the RetroFone gateway jobbie up once i've got permission.

Where is hte EuroConverter btw, don't seem to remember seeing one?

This alarm clock will be there too once it has a full release

Thanks for the comments though ;)

Guest jaknife2000

Hi ya,

Yep the Euro Converter was linked to from the www.smartphony.org site.

Its passes you through to here :-

http://alain.shadows.free.fr/inthepocket/index.htm

Ignore the front screen and click products, and its on there.

With there permission you can probably link to there other free games / apps too.

I hope this helps.

Again, nice site of yours.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Ah cheers for the link. I've e-mailed the bloke that runs the site to ask permission to mirror his software, thanks again for the tip.

The site made 1,000 hits earlier this evening in under 2 and a half days so i'm well chuffed. Hopefully i'll get a little more content up there later this week, if i get time....

• 2 weeks later...