OT: contracts and upgrades

Guest deiwise

Guest deiwise

Hi,

I've been with Orange for about 3 or 4 years now. I was on ED50 for 2 years or so, and moved to OVP Virgin because my needs suited it well earlier this year. I've now moved to OVP Freedom 750 (I think that's the one, anyway) in order to upgrade to the SPV.

I don't know how much I'm going to use GPRS, but I suspect it'll prove very useful (until March/April or whenever the £6/month deal ends). Can anyone tell me what's stopping me from moving back to OVP Virgin if I decide not to use GPRS (which can't be used on OVP Virgin) in a month or so?

Thanks

Will

Guest one.ear

It is possible to do, but u will be charged £15.00 per month remaining on your contract.

p.s. It is possible to have GPRS access to Internet and Wap on OVP Virgin, but u have to have a GPRS Bundle (starting at £5.00 for 0.5mb), u can't however have an Orange Access Pack.

Ben

Guest deiwise

So let me get this straight; because I'm upgrading, I'm therefore taking out a 12 month obligatory contract - yes? Despite having paid Orange every month for several years, don't existing Orange customers get *any* benefits?

Will

Guest one.ear

Reason being that Orange need to recover the subsidy costs of the handset (i.e SPV cost Orange alot more than £179.00), to do this, line rental is charged, guaranteed income for Orange. OVP Virgin = no guaranteed way for Orange to recover subsidy of handset.

Sorry

Ben