SmartNES 1.2 : new version, new graphics, sound

Guest zizione

Guest tomdbomb61

zizione thanks for all ur work with these emu, however i ahev gone bk to using the first version as the only game i really play on is mario, and the performance is twice as good on the first version of smartnes, y wud this be?

ive just done a test using both , one after another, and there was a vast difference in the speed of the game play.

thanks

tj

Guest mike-oh

Zizione.... what can I say. Playing Bobble Bubble in one thing but being able to hear 'that' tune is quite another :) .... you are a god!

Mike, use the earpiece volume button to set the ROM sound level but note that this must be done before you access the emulator.

I know how to get the sound working, it's just frame rate drops when it is enabled.

Guest agent.m

there is a link to free legal roms but do a search on this site cause i cant remember where it is. dont ask for stuff like mario cause you`ll get told off.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

dproudfoot: we do not endorse piracey on this site in any way.

There is a free legal ROM site discussed here

Keep the forum clean and legal and we'll keep our influence over the SmartPhone community...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Right, lets clarify this.

At this site we do NOT encourage piracy or distribution of illiegal files.

This means you do NOT ask for them or provide details on how or where to get them.

If you must use them there are plenty of search engines out there that will help you.

Again, NO piracy. Please keep the site clean.

End rant.

Thank you.

• 7 months later...
Guest cYbErTiM

This piece of software really roxx0rz my SPV00rzzz :lol:

Hope you get the bilinear ASM version done ;) cuz rotated screen and sound would really rock :D Al those old games i really loved on my NES (Double Dragon, Ikari Warriors etc.) make we sob when i play them on my mobile phone! Who thought this would ever be possible 8)

Thanx!!

Guest cYbErTiM

The version I have has screen rotation already.

Yes i know, but you cannot play with the screen rotated and the sound on :) It's way to slow. That's why he is recoding that rotation stuff in asm.

hate to break it to you, but unless the graphics code is REALLY poor, then converting it to ASM (ARM / THUMB) isn't going to speed the emulator up much, if any

one of the biggest time hogs in emulation is emulating the rom code, not showing it on-screen

the other huge time hog is always the sound emulation

Guest cYbErTiM
hate to break it to you, but unless the graphics code is REALLY poor, then converting it to ASM (ARM / THUMB) isn't going to speed the emulator up much, if any

one of the biggest time hogs in emulation is emulating the rom code, not showing it on-screen

the other huge time hog is always the sound emulation

Sound and bifiltering take a lot of resources. Using both is not recommanded for the moment...  

The next and last version will use asm to do the bifiltering graphics.

that is what i meant :)

Because i play at fullspeed without the bifilerting and sound turned on.. but that's without a rotated screen.

• 1 month later...

I installed SmartNES on my MPx200 and for the most part I am pretty satisfied.

My problem is as follows.

I rotated the display and re-mapped my keys But it seems I can not press both the Left arrow and a keypad button (like the 8 key) at the same time. But, I can press the Right arrow and a key pad button at the same time.

It also seems that the Directional arrow that can not be pressed at the same time as a keypad button changes with each game I load.

If I leave the A & B keys mapped to the default Menu buttons there is no multi-press issues but that is a little awkward on the MPx200.

Does anyone else have similar mulit-key press issues or could it be an isolated issue to the MPx200?

I installed SmartNES on my MPx200 and for the most part I am pretty satisfied.

My problem is as follows.

I rotated the display and re-mapped my keys But it seems I can not press both the Left arrow and a keypad button (like the 8 key) at the same time. But, I can press the Right arrow and a key pad button at the same time.

It also seems that the Directional arrow that can not be pressed at the same time as a keypad button changes with each game I load.

If I leave the A & B keys mapped to the default Menu buttons there is no multi-press issues but that is a little awkward on the MPx200.

Does anyone else have similar mulit-key press issues or could it be an isolated issue to the MPx200?

i have the Moto MPX200 also. Its odd because if i try to press up and A button it wont work but it will work for any other direction. Like if Im playing RBI Baseball, I cant throw to 2nd base, but i can run to the 2nd base because you do that with the B button.

Also, sound slows down the emulator seems like every now and then. Sometimes i can have full speed with sound and sometimes i cant.

Guest brb00136

Ive been using the Smartnes on an MPX200 in the US and its working great, although I do have saved state problems: When I decide to finish a game in progress, I just exit the program and it saves a state that I left it at- ok so when I decide to start playing the game again, I select the rom and it starts but the screen is blank. I know the game is exactly where I left it because the sounds are the same.

Is anyone having this problem, and is there a work around for me(Ive tried playing without sound and it runs fantastic, but still wont let me resume?

Any Suggestions...............

Guest dadypain

hey zizone, any chance of seeing improvements on the current snes emulator thats about, i know it was by spacemonkey, but its seems to run alot faster on the e200, its possibly workable

Hi, first what a great emulator! The best piece of software for the smartphone ever made!

But now the reason for my post. Every game I wanted to play so far worked, except for one: Prince of Persia... And this was thé game I wanted to play on my phone (stupid nokia's with their fake Prince).

Well that was my post, don't know if you knew this all ready and don't know if you can do something about it, but if you can, please do so :lol:

After a little more testing I now have better info on my multi key press issue.

It all revolves around the Right arrow button and the mapped "B" Button

Since I have my display rotated I mapped the right arror to be up. If I press the right arrow by its self it gets interperted correctly and performs the up action.

If I press the remapped "B" button by its self it gets interperted correctly and performs the "B" action.

If I am pressing the right arrow (which is mapped to up) and then press my remapped "B" button (which is mapped to 8 on the keypad) The "B" action goes unnoticed. While still holding down both keys if I then release the right arrow (which I had pressed first) and continue to hold the "B" button the action mapped to the right arrow (up) continues to register as being pressed untill the "B" button is released. And, the oposite happens If I am pressing the "B" button first then press the right arrow.

If I leave the right arrow and the "B" button mapped to their defaults, right and menu1 respectivly, then this is not an issue. It only occurs when the Right arrow key and or the "B" button are mapped away from thier defaults.

Guest -=MrWizard=-

Cadet - I have an MPx200 with the same issues (minus the orientation change). Cant seem to get remapping the A and B keys to the number pad with any luck. Had to go back to the defaults which is a bit awkward.

Great emulator though.

I am trying to download the emulator and I am getting the following error:

"[File Name] is not a valid Win32 application"

My PC will not let me open the exe file.

How do I get around this ?

Welcome to the site :lol:

Using active sync explore you spv and place the file on your storage card in Program files. Then copy the exe and paste the shortcut in

Original spv/E100 = IPSM/Windows/Start Menu/Games

E200 = Storage/Windows/Start Menu/Games

All your roms will need to be in the same folder as the exe on your storage card.

Hope this helps :D

Adam

Guest Skitals

I cant get button mapping to work on my i600. I select a button to remap, press a button, and I get a confirmation screen with the key map and an OK button in the corner. The OK doesnt work... the only button that does anything is the back button, and it takes me back to the last screen and doesnt map anything.

I read that the i600 isnt actually app-locked, but there is a problem with the registry settings where it cant make changes to it. Are the button maps saved in the registry? This could be the problem.