Microsoft / MoDaCo Event - Please Register!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest flashfodder

I have a feeling not many peeps will talk to Orange in detail about their Phone...

You can imagine the convo:

Orange Rep: Hello there. you are....

Random Person: err... Martin Short.

OR: Hello Martin.

RP: Hi.

OR: So... How do you find the phone?

RP: I love it. It's great.

OR: Good, Great... And what have you personalised about your phone.

RP: Well, first, I had to Unl.... erm.... I mean. here.. take a look... I got this great backgr... (Just remembering the phone is on O2.) erm.... I forgot it...

OR: Oh... That's a shame... who's is that phone in your hand then....

RP: Sorry... what... Oh this phone... Nah.. This aint mine... I'm holding it for my mate...

OR: And where's he then?

RP: Oh.. He's around somewhere. He was just going to the l..... Oh there he is... gotta go. Bye. Nice talking to you

OR: err..... Ok bye.

I'd love it if an OR took the stage and asked for a show of hands on who's unlocked there phone?

To be honest. They shouldn't be asking who's unlocked it as oppose to why they've unlocked it? They might get some extremely interesting answers.

Sorry Paul. Only joking. Just seems almost every other post on this string seems to suggest people will be weary of talking to Orange about there phone? :)

Guest spacemonkey

I don't have the slightest problem talking to Orange.

Orange: So, what have you done with your phone there?

Me: Certification unlocked it, look at these great games... pity about the users who can't use them. Sim Unlocked it, still on Orange but now I can use it with local sim cards when I travel overseas.

Orange: Ah... good, so you think this is a good Orange product?

Me: Yeah, pity the certification issue has been so grossly mismanaged considering the operating system would allow you to have security on radio functions but still leave it open for user apps such as games. I'd certainly recommend a Smartphone 2002 device to any of my friends, but if another network had a certification unlocked one I'd tell them to go there first.

Orange: Oh.... well..... .....

Guest siu99spj

Looks good, but where the hell is this 'Microsoft place in Soho'. :? Some of us might not be versed in going around London as others. Ideally, a nearest tube station and directions from it to the place of meet would be ideal. ;)

madukrainian is also unsure so, at this rate there may be only Paul at this meet, especially if he fails to let people know WHERE it is! :)

Guest spacemonkey

If we register by email, I would assume full details would come back via email. This would stop people who don't register just turning up...

Registering is mainly to provide a sensible count of numbers before the event.

I'm sure "somewhere in Soho" is specific enough to decide whether you want to go or not.

Guest Paul [MVP]

I haven't had their permission to reveal who will be attending i'm afraid - but it is a senior member of O staff with specific interest in the SPV.

P

I assume sending an email to that address means just sending a blank email with something like MoDaCo in the subject? Well, that's what I did anyway.

PS: What if this meet is a clever plan to destroy the elite SPV community - gather us all and take our SmartPhones away!! AAArrrGH!! And give us a shitty Motorola Timeport or something... "Sorry (ladies and) gentlemen - your phones must be recalled because of a fatal fault in the device - it's ORANGE!!!" HAHAHA :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Wicked, i will be there. I'm looking forward to talking to O and MS, or at least hear what they have to say.

Build up the ammunition for my next call to 156 etc...

Guest vijay555

Paul, forgive me:

I don't have an svp yet, but i do got PocketPc.

Seriously: i'm hoping to buy SPVx asap, so pppplease, don't turn me away.

I live for you guys. Truly. I know where you live. Bwaa haa ha haah. :)

V

Guest modfather

i am there... it would b nice to meet some guys(/gals?) who have answered mine and many many other peoples questions...

MODACO ROCKS!

im gonna try my hardest to get there, bit skint and only 16 :) still at high school, what a drag...

regards to all.

ModFather

www.mobilemods.net

Guest JimBob
im gonna try my hardest to get there, bit skint and only 16 :) still at high school, what a drag...

LOL... well looking at your sig......maybe you should stop spending as much money on your PC, then you would be able to afford it :wink:

Guest telephoneman

ill be there. any one need a lift? from birmingham ( I can only take one more due to nature of the wheels!)

please use a pm to contact me

J

do we get a confirmation email from MS? or do i just hope my email got there..

Don't want to get to the door, and have a 'your name's not on the list'

be forced to go to the pub then.

Will

Guest Paul [MVP]

No confirmation e-mail i'm afraid.

MS have so far received 55 mails, where as 102 have voted here!

The mail is not for entry purposes, it's just for an idea of numbers :)

P