Slowdown with SD Card

Guest u03ekw

Guest u03ekw

Ive recently bought a 128MB Integral SD card and i've filled it up with 70MB mp3s plus other stuff so when i use spv task manager it shows 40MB left.

Problem:

- the phone works as normal when i switch on the phone _before_ putting the new SD card in

- the phone is extremely slow if i put the SD card in _then_ switch it on, ie: it takes more than 10 seconds for it to register that i want to go to 'programs' if i press the left soft key

anyone have this problem? what should i do? another thing is my spv was set to 'Radio Off' when i switched it on with the SD card in this morning. I never switched it off! :shock:

Guest u03ekw

it happened again this morning! sometimes the spv will start up smoothly and work really well, other mornings it just refuses to work. had to remove sd card and restart. anyone has any similiar problems?

I had this problem, solved for me by removing card, bootign without card, then shutting down and inserting card and restarting.

Heard of at least one other user with this problem.

Will

(if the above does not work, try re-formatting the card). It's worth a shot.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

awarner has been having this problem over the weekend, seems to be a problem with the SD card/reader. I'll speak to him at some point and see what he found out...

Guest awarner [MVP]

Findings so far ...

received an sms last night from one of those txt to win competitions (from other half's 2x breezer drinks)

first one received ok then on the second sms I had no response from the keypad. similar to the initial sms

problem with the DK update which I still have running.

Removed the battery and restarted, phone still locked on restart but managed to unlock.

now the phone is running extremly slow it took me about 3 mins to get to the settings screen and then i could not get any further.

Thanks for will's idea to power down then power up and remove card, this worked and the phone returned

to normal speed. when I replaced the card again shortly after the problem returned.

Have tried different cards 64MB and getting the same problem.

The only thing I can think of is that one of the last apps I have installed is causing a loop with the autolock

feature causing the slowdown.

have now removed the autolock feature and the phone now appears to be back to normal.

Will need to investigate this further