HELP!! Collision detection in GAPIDRAW

Guest Croccy22

Guest Croccy22

Can someone please gibe me an example of how to use the sprite collision detection (The intersect thing) in GAPIDRAW.

I am currently writing an arkanoid clone and it is nearly finished but the collision detection I wrote isn't accurate enough so I wanna try and use the routines in gapi draw to help (Unless anyone knows of a better way).

I have looked though the sample but it doesn't run well on the smartphone because of the display size and I can't see how it works.

I have tried specifying two dirrent sprites and stuff but when they hit, the intersect points stay at -1 so I must be doing something wrong.

Please help me because it has got the the point where I am having dreams about collision detection!!

Matt.

PS. When I get it sorted out I will post Smartanoid up here for people to download.

Guest spacemonkey

Can't help much but... their sample code will compile and run under windows so you could try examining it from there....

No other ideas sorry... they do have a discussion board over at www.gapidraw.com, someone there may be able to give you a hand.