How to make your alarm repeat itself!

Guest Eran

Aren't you sick of the fact that the alarm ringtone in the spv won't repeat itself?

This is the way to fix it: (similar to making ringtones repeat without delay)

using registry editor go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER<<ControlPanel<<SoundCategories<<Alarm

click on values and choose 'script'

replace the value data with the following:

av0pw3r

That's it!

Now your alarm will repeat itself, aren't you happy?

:)

Regards

Eran

Guest Richie M

Eran - can you just confirm for me; my string value for script is "f1m200t20pw2rc120w10t20pw2rc120w10t20pw2rc120w10t40pw2rc120w10t60pw2rw10t120pw2r

10f0"

Do i replace all that with "av0pw3r" ?

Guest midnight

Personally, i would not change the Sound Categories, just in case you wish to revert back at a later date

This is the correct way of doing it :wink: :

Use a registry editor, go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER>ControlPanel>Sounds>Clock

Now click on Values

Then click on Menu>New Value>String

Value Name: Script

Value Data (for no vibrate): apr

or

Value Data (with vibrate): av0pr

if you want to add a delay between each ring add 'w(delay)' before the r(repeat), for example:

av0pw3r would have a vibrating alarm with a 3 second wait before looping the ringtone (both wav or midi)

If you want to revert back to the normal alarm ring then simply delete the 'Script' value

hope this helps

Guest midnight

nope, should be fine, all recent registry changes i've made (repeating alarm, 0 delay loop, ringtones on sd card) all appear to remain fine after the power cycle (only way to revert back would be to manually change them, or, a hard reset i guess).

Guest fozzie

hmmmm, there's a much easier way of getting the alarm to repeat without hacking around in the registry - just set the 'Alarm type' (in Profiles) to 'Increasing' instead of 'Play sound' :)

Works fine for my 'Rooster' wake up call.

Perhaps this should be registered in the Bugs section too?

Guest Richie M
just set the 'Alarm type' (in Profiles) to 'Increasing' instead of 'Play sound'

Yeah but that pauses and stops after awhile :?

Then again i cant remember my alarm going off this morning, does the reg hack work? (cant test it, @ work)

Guest midnight

indeed, the only prob with the reg hack is that it will repeat until your battery runs out hehe, so, whatever you do, dont leave the phone charging, set the alarm, then go on holiday and forget to take your phone, a week or two's worth of constant ringing cant be good hehe

Guest fozzie
Yeah but that pauses and stops after awhile :?

Just did a quick test on my 'Rooster' alarm sound and with the exception of a couple of brief (1 or 2 secs) pauses was cock-a-doodle dooing for a full two mins and still going strong - enough to wake anyone up surely?! :)

I don't understand what the registry hack gives you in addition :?:

Guest fozzie
You'd be surprised m8, my alarms wake next door up before they wake me up  :oops:

Perhaps you're in the wrong ball-park with the SPV - one of these (plus optional 12v super shaker bed vibrator) may be more up your street :)

Guest Richie M
Perhaps you're in the wrong ball-park with the SPV - one of these (plus optional 12v super shaker bed vibrator) may be more up your street  :)

That looks ace, but next door wake me up by banging on the wall so i can turn my alarm off ;)

Guess i'll just have to get another GF, best type of alarm :D

Guest midnight

yup, bit of a git that, noticed it earlier after i plugged in my headphones

strange thing is, the ringtone reverts back to its wait 3 seconds state, whereas, adding the script value to the alarm clock actually remains

ah well, only takes a few seconds to switch the ringer back to 0 wait

Guest Richie M
Slight downside, though: as soon as you change profiles, all of these changes are lost...

What about using Eran's original method? would that work? & not revert back? (he hasn't even said anything since his origi post on this).

I'd just like to know for Def b4 i go changing my reg (tho i do have a back-up) - Midnight obviously recommended his way for a reason.

Guest midnight

like i said, the alarm doesnt revert back, only the ringtone. prolly due to the fact that the profiles change the registry for the ringer so it goes through the headset.

and, because we are creating a new value 'Script' for the alarm, it doesnt get overwritten when it switches profiles

Guest fraser

Okay, so the question is, where does the profile get stored? My guess is that the profile simply overwrites the registry with the values it has. It must get these from somewhere itself, possibly also the registry.

It tried searching the registry for the word "speakerphone", thinking it to be relatively unique. I didn't see anything relevant though.

Guest Richie M
Okay, so the question is, where does the profile get stored? My guess is that the profile simply overwrites the registry with the values it has. It must get these from somewhere itself, possibly also the registry.  

It tried searching the registry for the word "speakerphone", thinking it to be relatively unique. I didn't see anything relevant though.

Not sure but when you edit a profile it creates a .prof.xml in ISPMApplication DataProfiles

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just did a quick test on my 'Rooster' alarm sound and with the exception of a couple of brief (1 or 2 secs) pauses was cock-a-doodle dooing for a full two mins and still going strong - enough to wake anyone up surely?! :lol:

I don't understand what the registry hack gives you in addition :?:

could you hook me up with this wav please? :D

• 1 month later...