Post event thread...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest TSCRYPTO

If a mod could delete my post in the pre get-together thread, I'd be most appreciative...

Well, have made it home to N London, pretty much wasted and O D'd on mighty fine pizza...

A big thank you to all who made this afternoon possible. It was a lot of fun - even if I didnt win a damn thing in ANY raffle!

Here's a couple of pics taken today.

1. mcwarre and ajb3000 outside of Kings Cross Station after watching the mancs go beserk against Newcastle on the telly at O'Neills.

2. I wish MY desk at work had 'only' wireless... (This is an MS hotdesk that I walked passed on the way to the loo...;-))

3. My finger slipped and accidently took this pic of Piccadillay circus...

Cheers

TsC

mcwarre and ajb3000.jpg

IMAGE_00005.jpg

piccadilly circus.jpg

Cheers Paul, and everyone else involved in organising the meet.

Had a great afternoon, even if it was bizarre to see a room full of people all with THE SAME phone!!! ;-)

Thanks a lot.

Guest TSCRYPTO

Ha ha...

Dont worry Adam, you were pretty well behaved, even though you were drinking three pints to every one that myself and mcwarre were putting away...

;-P

Seriously though, it was good to meet you and mick and of course everyone else.

tSc

Guest spacemonkey

Thanks to all who sorted the event out, was good to put some faces to names. Just a question, in your bag of free stuff, anyone bothered to read their playing cards? They tell you exactly what certification is about. They want all developers to sell their souls to Orange

Good event and good free stuff

(Used my free handango for gone in 50 seconds... now that game is cool)

Guest robinbarnard
Bugger just noticed I'll need to get hold either of XP Pro, 2000 or NT  

to run VS.net ;)

Umm... cloud in silver lining anyone???

:lol:

Guest robinbarnard

Just a "quick" note to say a big thank you to all that where involved at the Meet!

It was great to meet such a load of enthusiastic and knowledgeable people all devoted to their phones!

My personal highlight was meeting the nigh legendary Florin!

Thanks a lot to anyone who endured a conversation with me, particularly that poor guy in the visual studio t-shirt who I treated with a treatise on technology and the effect it has on humanity (just shows you what an idiot I am)

The real surprise was the unreliable generosity on display from Microsoft I mean I got so much stuff and all for zero pounds.

This meet was great in a number of ways. I got a sense of a real community not just us guys at modaco but also orange and Microsoft.

Both organisations have come in for a lot of flack some of it deserved and some of it not, but they where willing to put that aside get as all together and give away a ton of free gifts as well, which can only be applauded.

What I got out of the event is the desire to participate a whole lot more on this forum, so maybe I’ll be more inclined to post from now on.

Everyone here has made this forum what it is, a great place to share knowledge and tips on doing all kinds of things with the phones.

Everyone benefits from this forum be it in a positive or negative way. The meet was in many ways a way of saying thanks to all you guys for posting.

And of course free beer and pizza!! Say no more :shock:

Guest Matt Whitfield

I was going to come along but mysteriously did my back in on Saturday morning, so most of the day was spent laying down in pain... :-(

Maybe next time!

Guest vampyre69
who is the beautiful nubian queen in 2 of the photos.. she is gorgeous!

Interesting to see that this user doesn't exist or has any profile?

Hmm someone shy are they?

LOL sorry just like being at school again.

Guest Paul [MVP]

From left:

Awarner, Firaas aka 'Tanager boy', Madukrainian and the elusive Monolithix :lol:

P

PS Mono: who you calling short! Grrrrrr.......... ;)