Divx Settings

Guest mike-oh

Guest mike-oh

Sorry, i've lost track of where this was originally posted so i'm starting a new thread. I've been messin' about with pocketmvp today and have found the following settings the best as i was having poor audio before.

I think i may have improved slightly (sorry to sound like im blowing my own trunpet) on the already brilliant settings that ClintEastmen posted a bit since. All i've done is bumped the audio up to 32kB/s 12kHz stereo (in the compression menu) and sample rate to 48khz, precission and channel as no change in the conversion menu. I've also bumped the volume up to 200% cos it's seems a little low but that might just be my machine. I'm using the 5.03 codec and its seems A OK!

One obvious tip is to make sue that the file your encoding from is the best quality it can be

I've been watching top gun with these and found them great (you dont get much more action and sound than that). The file comes out at around 100Mb

Correct me if you think i've made things worse!

These settings should be easy to apply to clint's letterbox format too if you prefer that one but my picture looks a bit too distorted.

Mike

optimum.zip

Guest ClintEastman

I might release my latest setting, but im not sure there is a need (i think the player is the next port of call). I have been playing with the setting and have got a copy of the NEWEST matrix trailer that runs at 200KB/s and to tell you the truth there is not that much difference!! Oh, and some settings that cuts file size but keeps it at 120KB/s!!! :wink:

Guest flashfodder

I have a number of films on my phone using Clinteastman's settings (Thank you sir) but have found that when coding from DVD, 5.02 is smaller in size than 5.03. This is a big point when porting to the smartphone.

The strange thing tho is (& I'll need to double check (Can't at mo. Packing for hols) but I found that if I code the film on 5.02, then code to the phone, I found the size was far smaller using 5.03.

I found that 5.03 created a far smaller film.

eg: Shrek coded to phone on 5.02 was 88mb. 5.03 was 78mb. The play didn't seem to dis-similar either.

Guest darren22

I've got a 256Mb SD card which has ClintEastman's excellent trailer conversions on them, which also amazes friends at work. Leaves their jaws dropping! :lol:

However, I've not had much luck converting my own stuff. I tried Shrek the other day with 5.02, video ok, however I don't seem to be able to compress the audio, the compression button is greyed out. I think I have all of the codecs on my PC (sorry cannot check as at work).

Any ideas??? :?

I'll try and post my settings etc in a post later.

Guest Coolboy1982

Anybody else getting frequents errors when starting the encoding procedure,

as the audio format selected is not supported (or something like that).

This has stopped me from converting a few movies that I'd have loved to

watch on the go, whilst others worked perfect.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Ok now to be :oops: as I'm total beginner with divx etc.

I loaded the settings for the first time and encoded a small piece of animation.

It seemed to encode ok without any errors etc. The problem is that when

I try to play the clip back on the phone I get maybe a second of sound

then it decides to bomb back out to the home screen? I presume for

some reason there is not enough memory this is the

only video clip that does not work???

Guest Carnivor

awarner, ive had a similar problem, coding is fine and film plays fine on pc, but when on the phone i get a second of video + sound then all i get is sound. tis wierd, using 5.02

Guest ClintEastman

I have never had that problem! Do my trailers work ok? Are you useing "My Dub Settings V2" or some of the other ones knocking about?

Guest mike-oh

carnivor, i get the same problem as you too. i'm using 5.03. Some are fine, others aren't. I wonder if it's anything to do with running the conversion in batch modes. The one i've converted individualy seem to be fine but the ones i left for it to do in batch mode i get a few seconds of green mess and just sound. I've yet to fully confirm this.

Coolboy, i had this problem before too, have you tried my settings at the top of this thread? I think the issue i was having is that it was trying to encode at a higher audio bit rate than was available to it from the original source. (I maybe talkin BS, i won't pretend to be an expert, just someone who's done a bit of tinkering) In my settings above i've changed the conversion settings as stated which allow you to chose more of the options in the compression menu without getting that error. The values stated above give v nice sound.

Hope that helps and makes sense

mike

Guest fraser

I had a lot of problems with it, as did others. There are probably some other factors in there, perhaps a bit of black magic as well.

Besides, you said yourself that you are having problems, that sound exactly like the ones I had. It's not as though it's completely broken, you still get some clips working.

Try 5.0.2.

Guest fraser

OK, but I'm telling you one last time, 5.0.3 has problems with PocketMVP. If you don't want to believe me, then don't. The way codecs work is that you must have a decoder greater than or equal to your source. The PocketMVP decoder is 5.0.2. You are trying to use things it doesn't support.

If you can't find it, there are a few links scattered throughout Modaco for sources of the older version. Someone mentioned a site oldversion.com in another thread recently, they might have it. You'll need to deinstall the original DivX first though.