Bug with the Forum?

Guest Honest John

Guest Honest John

Is it just me or is there a display bug with the forum?

I have found recently that I can't see attachments such as screen layouts unless I go in to post a reply, then when I look at the original post in the upper window, the attachment(s) appears. It also happens with ring tones.

Now it may be that this is because I am using a corporate network and going through the proxy server, but I am also 99% sure that I got the same thing on a home PC too.

Also, for 75% of the time, I don't get the little red markers on the left hand side of the new posts when I log on until I have been through the Post a Reply option.

And lastly, it doesn't remember me at login, despite me ticking the box and even forgets who I am if I go from the Post a Reply option to the main screen and then back to post a reply, where it asks who I am again.

At my age, I forget and panic.

Any other members with similar problems?

ps. Just posted this, and the little red markers have now appeared.

Guest spacemonkey

It only shows you attachments etc if you are logged in. As it sounds like you have some other weird problem with login/not logged in then the problem is more likely to be this.

It all works fine for me, so maybe it's some cookie issue in your setup. (Cookies enabled?, running a cookie cutter?)

Guest Honest John

OK. That explains why I only get the attachments when I log in. However, I am almost 100% positive that I used to get them 3 or 4 weeks ago even though I wasn't logged in.

On the cookie front, I will set my Internet Privacy options from Low to Off, although I know that some cookies at any rate are working (Autotrader is one).

I will try again.

Thanks for the help, guys.

As Paul says if you have an old cached copy it sometimes goes to the wrong page. I had this for ages. If I went to http://www.modaco.com/index.php (a bookmark) I was logged in, but typing "modaco" in my address bar would take me to http://www2.modaco.com/smartphone/index.php, where I wasn't logged in.

Paul also fiddles with the cookies sometimes, just to confuse us ;-)

Guest Honest John

Reset my IE cookie options - but still it won't remember me.

My favourites are set to http://www2.modaco.com/smartphone/viewforu...43b150e30f88fda

in order to take me to the Main page.

Maybe this might be a problem, but going to the www.modaco.com page didn't work either.

I will put a modaco.com favourite up and try again after giving my cache an enema.

I suspect it may be our network having something to do with it and if no one else has a problem, then it is almost certainly that.

Guest cyrilthefish

right, this is the most relevant topic...

i can't start any new topics :)

i get the error:

General Error

Couldn't get topic subject informationselect pt.post_subject FROM smartphone_posts p, smartphone_posts_text pt WHERE p.topic_id = AND pt.post_id = p.post_id LIMIT 0,1

when trying to start a new topic... i've rebooted, cleared my internet cache and everything else i can think of (i work in an IT helpdesk! i'll try a different pc tomorrow though)... any ideas?

Guest spiderboy

I Get The Same error or bug and have cleaned out all my chache and set IE to check for newest page verison, but for some or the other reason I cant see any files to download.