Picture with caller !!!

Guest Vector

Guest Richie M

I know there has been alot of fuss about a program to do this but i really dont understand why?

You have to call/see everyone to get a picture of them, load it on your phone - just to see the picture when it rings :? I can read the name :?

Am i missing the point? Do i need to start smoking again?

I can just hear the conversations; "can you send me a picture of you?" "Er, yeah. Why?" "So i can see who's calling me" "Oh ok.......cant you just read the name then?"

Guest spacemonkey

Mine installed OK... the setup seems strange tho... I'll need to go home and use my cradle to actually get some pics on the phone.

One nice "feature", when you're typing in a text filed in picsetup, and press back to delete a character it goes back to the homescreen

Guest spacecowboy6982

How can i access my pics when synced?? I've got about 10 in pic manager but 4goton wot directory they're in??

Cheers

SpaceCowboy

yes it works although it is VERY buggy.

the back button thing as said above and there is no way of getting contacts from the phonebook or seeing which contacts or numbers have pictures associated with them.

the only way to get rid of a picture associated with a person is to put there number in again and use the included "dummy" picture. that is if you can remember which contact you put the picture under

Guest Syvwlch

Found this on the site :

@All: Caller2Picture installs right now on application unlocked devices only!!! How to perform this, see gears site here:  

http://www.coolsmartphone.com/app-cert.htm

After you've installed it on your Smartphone, turn it off/on normally (kind of softreset - the registry needs to be read new) and put all images (right now JPGs only, GIFs are not supported in this Beta) into IPSM -> Program Files -> V2R Caller2Picture -> Pictures.

Now your picture should appear if you give yourself a call. If no number is assigned to the incoming call, the standard phone receiver should appear!

Cheers ~ Arne  

Editor in Chief PPCW.Net  

I'm currently installed on the card... perhaps it's looking for the pictures in IPSM anyway?

Guest Drift3r

hmm, this has happened twice now. When I install the program, it works ok on the PC end but when the message saying check out your Smart Phone, the installation screen briefly appears then goes back to the home page and I can't retrieve it. I've restarted the phone and checked install dirs with no luck :)

Anyone else had this problem?

Guest Syvwlch

Bingo!

If you installed to the Card, you still need to create IPSM -> Program Files -> V2R Caller2Picture -> Pictures to store the pictures in.

Pffff...

Guest Syvwlch

Major slowdown if you don't kill PICsetup with TaskManager when you're done...

Also, don't seem to have any pictures showing now. At all. I should have installed to the phone. I'll just copy all the image files over to IPSM.

Guest Drift3r
worked fine for me (its installed on the phone)

what OS are you running?

im on XP pro

Yep, on XP Pro too.

Checked with Task Manager but installation doesn't appear to run in background. Also closed down unsed apps and tried another restart. Tis strange, not happened like this before.

It dissapears just after it says something like 'received .CAB file and installing...' before the bit where you choose phone/storage card

Any ideas?

try turning antivirus programs off---maybe restart your phone!?!

also found out that the files must have a .jpg extension---thats all lower case pictures with .JPG diddnt work and also some pictures of certain sizes dont work either---still playing tho.

program creates data files in the IPSM/programfiles/V2R Caller2Picture folder with the number you have added a picture to backwards as its name. inside this data file is just a pointer to the folder where the picture is---this could maybe be changed to another location on the SD card---but i havent tested this

Guest casper508
Bingo!

If you installed to the Card, you still need to create IPSM -> Program Files -> V2R Caller2Picture -> Pictures to store the pictures in.

Pffff...

Thats exactly what i did but had no luck!

Still cant select any pics! :cry:

Cas

P.S. No icon, no help, very buggy. I aint paying for it!

it might be worth going to the ipsm/programfiles/V2R Caller2Picture directory and deleteing the data files it has created then starting again.

i found it also only works with the numbers in 0*** format and not the +44** format