Picture with caller !!!

Guest Vector

Guest jonnyb

I have managed to get it to work for one contact but only by renaming the default.jpg file in the ipsm/program files/V2R Caller2Picture directory and then naming my image file default.jpg (size 90x105).

I just seems to ignore the files in the pictures dir...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

It's killed my phone....

Hangs on Orange sunset after i all my SD card files were replaced with "unknown file" icons :/

Hard reset hear i come.... :)

Guest casper508

Tried renaming , resizing, deleting data files, moving files around and still no luck. I've uninstalled it. I'll wait for another version. This is totally crap! :)

Cas

Guest spacemonkey

Haven't got it working yet, but I was looking at it on the train... it definitely will need a reboot after you install it.

It adds a link in /IPSM/Windows/Startup which runs the background task that actually displays the pictures. This is only called during the bootup process.

works fine for me---got it working with two diffent numbers and different pictures it does need alot of tweaking--will be good when a few bugs are ironed out

Guest Syvwlch

I'm using it, works fine. Kludgy as hell to set up, but works just fine if you fiddle.

It IS beta code, guys. Of COURSE it was released too early.

Guest spacemonkey

OK, I got mine going... only tried 1 contact...

A couple of gotchas...

It wants the callers phone number in the 02071234567 form not +442071234567

Also, the pictures need to be in /IPSM/Program Files/V2R Caller2Picture and the picture filenames I think need to have no spaces in them.

If you just installed you will need to reboot your phone as the background application is only loaded at startup.

I'd say they got the backend working and just threw together a really shite front end to get the demo version out and start drumming up some interest... the frontend is too s*** tho

Guest Firaas
I'd say they got the backend working and just threw together a really shite front end to get the demo version out and start drumming up some interest...  the frontend is too s*** tho

I agree.

The way the software works is great, but its interface is rubbish.

Can't get a decent sized picture either.

If this is going to be an app up for sale in its current form, I can't see too many people buying it.

What I'd hope for is that the interface will be totally customisable - via an xml file or something perhaps?

Guest Syvwlch

Well, well.

That's the last time THAT developper releases beta versions to answer the clamoring hordes of users demanding to see it. :twisted:

Guest Devil

How come nobody mentioned that you need to run the app from your pc with the phone in the cradle?

Anyway, the only way I got it to work was to install the app to my phone (Grrr...) when prompted and copy the photos I wanted (max 5) to IPSMProgram FilesV2R Caller2PicturePictures then re-booted (goodbye T9 slang).

Ran PicSetup from the menu and input the number in normal format (0797... you don't need to change the one set up in contacts - leave that as +44797...) Then selected the photo for the number input on the marvellous interface supplied!

Photo was a standard jpg taken from the phone (128x160) 4.63k file

I'm using Windows XP.

I'll see if there's anything obvious in the registry so I can get everything onto the SD card....If I can tear myself away from Scar Face on Sky 1!

I may be sad but I think it's pretty cool - now where's that phone number that Jordan gave me.....

i agree with Syvwlch its only a beta---it is a total arse to set up but it does do the job all credit to the developer---i will personally buy its final release.

:roll:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

One hard reset later....

I'll be waiting for the next beta/IA albums verions/whatever.

Its a nice app, doubt i'd actually pay for it though :)

Now off to e-mail the developers...

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

OK, i've just e-mailed V2R with a run down of the problems and responces we've had from here, hopefully i'll hear back from them soon and i'll let you all know what they have to say :)

Guest dodgybob

Are you supposed to see a Preview of your Pic in the preview bit at the bottom or is that "under construction"... Ive got it installed and selected numbers and pics... im using a 480x640x24bit pic... stored in IPSMProg... ... pictures {as mentioned before} and named "bob.jpg"

Im using my home number and have started it: 00442083XXXXXX

is this correct... am I missing anything... I tried calling from the Home Number and it just came up with my number being called... no pic... :'(

Guest Maverick

No need to restart the phone...

Use Smart Explorer and just click on the Caller2Picture.exe file.

Look fellas... I think its a good program. Only the interface is crappy becoz its an "EARLY PUBLIC BETA" Release. :)