Picture with caller !!!

Guest Vector

Guest Firaas
i tried to install on my phone it tells me install failed ???

any ideas

Got enough space? Is the SD card (if you're installing it on their) switch set to write-protected?

Guest woody

there is enough space on card (128mb)its just about empty.

i tried auto install and then put cab file on card and ran it with all explorer

still saysinstall failed

Guest skimask

I downloaded and installed this yesterday. Installed without any problems first time (on phone, not card). The setup screen works, I can select jpegs which I've put in the folder, everything seems fine.

No pictures show up when I receive a call from the number which I setup tho :? tried it with 2 or 3 different numbers, still no joy.

Phone's been rebooted etc etc, anyone got any ideas?

(P.S. Don't knock it guys, it is a FREE BETA release afterall, the whole point being that we do some of the testing for them)

Guest skimask

ok, it's working now! Problem was that I had a space in the name of the jpeg file and also the file extension (for some reason) was .JPG in capitals. Once I changed to .jpg in lowercase and got rid of the space in the name, it worked a treat!

Guest dodgybob

got it working aswell.... :) seems cool... only one major problem... the "ringtone" selection does not look in the [iPSMApplication DataSounds] directory... it only looks in the [Windows] directory... that meant that I had to copy my Wav file to the [Windows] dir... it was selectable but it never plays when a call is coming in... I have tried it many times and re-started it etc... is this feature properly implemented in this release? It always goes and uses the "Trill Ring" tone :?: ;)

...oh well but still good feature.. curently trying to find pics for everyone on me phone!! Harder than I thought...

My Suggestion: There should be an App that is associated with this that takes pictures {set to correct size and format}... so that the process is easier... We don't have to change pic sizes, shapes and copy here and there... just a suggestion... if its bundled with this software it will make it more integrated and friendlier to use...

Guest skimask

I just leave the ringtone field blank and it plays my standard ringtone according to the profile settings. I think the demo only allows 5 pics so I wouldn't waste too much time hunting for loads of pics!

Guest terminater2_uk

loaded it to my sd card no problem but couldnt find any pics. wiped it and loaded to phone again with no problems. now works fine :)

Guest woody

i paid for the picture caller app and it still will not load on my phone ,my sd card is empty 128mb spoke to vendors they told me it was not designed for spv .am i missing something here can you post another link to download site maybe thats where i am going wrong

Guest Syvwlch

You have bought the PocketPC Phone Edition version, which works on communicating PDAs like the XDA. You need to get a refund, explaining that you bought the wrong version.

In the meantime, there is a quick and dirty beta version of ths Smartphone version, that works on de-certified SPVs, the link to which is on the first page of this thread. When installing it, chose to install to Phone, it will not work without substantial tweaking if installed to the Card.

Guest woody

thanks for the answer ,got it working now firewall was stopping it also when i told them i hade wrong software they said no problem the version for spv will be out in about a week

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Cas: sorry yeah i have heh. Completely forgot about it :/

Nothing special, they just said "thanks for the info it's been sent on to our dev team..."

Lets hope they arent anything like Orange in that respect... ;p

Guest idoru

Hi All,

I have recently installed Caller2Picture (beta) by V2R to try it out and I am unable to uninstall it!

I killled the process and then tried to remove it via the activesync and through the remove progamme settings on the SPV. No luck with either. It tells me that it is unable to unistall the programme from the SPV!

Anyone else experience this? I want to uninstall Caller2Picture before trying to install WhoCall beta 2.6.

This topic is getting very big now!