Using 3.5mm Headphones?

Guest Chris Byrne

Guest Chris Byrne

I want to use some Sony Fontopia in-ear headphones with Media Player (not bothered about losing handsfree call ability) so bought a stereo 2.5mm/3.5mm jack adapter.

Unfortunately I only get sound in one ear :shock: . Has anyone else tried this and had a positive result?

Guest HelloDave

I just bought a 2.5 to 3.5 mm jack adapter (from Maplin - www.maplin.co.uk or high street stores, stock code fa94c) and it works perfectly! All for just 79p... Admittedly the adapter makes the whole plug protrude from the side of the phone by about 3cm, but I'd rather have that than the awful supplied earphones which fall out of your ears every 5 mins.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest goosegog

That's cos what we need is the 4 terminal plug Orange use for the SPV. Go count them, you'll see 4 not 3 as per. Get a 4 connector type, connect it to a twin phono or one of those cassette adapters and you can bring your cool music round your behind-the-times mate's houses!

Anyone know where we can get them? To be honest I haven't tried anywhere yet!......

Guest arunhallan

you either havent plugged the earphones in properly or uve got a mono plug! chek how many lines are on ure jack, if theres only one its mono i.e. only comes outta one ear