MobileRepublic? SPV?

Guest dodgybob

Guest dodgybob

Well... I don't if you know this already but Ive ordered an SPV from theMobileRepublic website! I ordered it last week... They said that they will ship it out by Friday... but my order is still "waiting to be dispatched" any other MobileRepublic ppl want to comment on this or any other problems with the SPV in general?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Well a lot of Orange shops are waiting for stock at the moment, so i'd be suprised if anyone else has them...

Having said that tho, I phoned CPW mail order yesterday, and they had 70 in stock!

None of the stores do yet, only the mail order people!

P

Guest dodgybob

lol...

Orange Oxford Street, London has a few in stock today... i was speaking with the main sales guy yesterday.. they are quite knowledgable about the whople thing... Some of the other orange shops are clueless!!!

Guest dodgybob
My SPV from mobile republic arrived this morning :D

:(

Oh my God... When did you order yours? i ordered mine last week and its still not here :'(

Why me... why me of all ppl!!! :'( :cry: :cry: God just wants to punish me for the things ive done wrong!!

They have done this to me before... I ordered a Nokia 7650 before hand it was never delivered becoz it went out of stock! They told me only at the last minute... then I was given the alternative of getting the SPV... so I went with that! Now they haven't sent it :cry:

Dodgybob,

If you're unhappy with the wait from TheMobileRepublic (who say they're waiting for stock on the 27th), the Carphone Warehouse will pricematch their deal.

Ring esales on 0808 100 9250 and ask for Paresh.

I got two phones on this pricematch.

Yeah comes with all the stuff camera etc..

There is no sign of saying about the £6 promo pack though yet GPRS is working so I presume orange went ahead and stuck the promo pack on.

Im wondering as its not mentioned on the MR site and my paperwork from them says £25 a month will I be able to wriggle out of the charge for the promo pack with orange ?

You probably could argue out of having the pack, but TheMobileRepublic would be liable, not Orange.

Remember that if you do get out of the SPV pack, the equivalent 10mb GPRS pack costs £19 more - £25 a month, so it's worth it. If you do ask TheMobileRepublic to refund the SPV pack fee, they will be allowed to charge you for the amount of GPRS you have used (it's £8 a mb on the cheapest pack).

Guest dodgybob
Dodgybob,

If you're unhappy with the wait from TheMobileRepublic (who say they're waiting for stock on the 27th), the Carphone Warehouse will pricematch their deal.

Ring esales on 0808 100 9250 and ask for Paresh.

I got two phones on this pricematch.

What exactly do you mean by Price Matching it... Will it be free? with the Orange Your Plan pack?Coz im planning to do that... coz these guys are taking the biscuit... I first ordered a Nokia 7650 waited a week to be told that its not in stock and they wont get any until nxt month... Then they gave me the alternative of the Orange SPV... which they are now saying is out of stock....!! Whats going on here!!

£8 a meg  

as SPV seems to make a lot of use of GPRS its starting to look a very expensive phone to run.

So does that mean that its not on the Orange SPV pack £6 a month... because MobRep have not got back to me on that yet... i contacted them about wether there was the cam and MMC card in the box and wether there was any £6 a month SPV Pack I had to chose... they never said anything!!!