WM Player

Guest Richie M

Guest Richie M

Can someone tell me what version of Windows Media Player we have on the SPV? I can't find the version number anywhere :?

Looking at doing a custom skin for it and reading this (MS) what Button Types do we have available?

Guest midnight

hey, good point, hmmmm, interesting :wink:

the only problem could be that if this is designed for pocketpc, then there may be no way to control the slider without a stylus, but well worth a look i would say

Guest midnight

Ok, heres the answer, you can display them, but not select them

reason being, how can you????? up and down is volume and left/right is skip tracks, so basically, you can show the positions slider, but all it would do is show the position, nothing more (same goes for volume slider)

Guest Richie M

Yeah i've got position slider and volume showing and changing (volume slider goes up when you press up and down when you press down & position moves across as file plays) but that white paper for Pocket PC's WMP 7.1 say's

The following button types are available:  

Play  

Pause  

Stop  

Prev  

Next  

Shuffle  

Repeat  

Mute  

PlayPause  

Info  

Which of these can we assign?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

We have every single one of those settings, save for "Stop" and "Mute".

What we want is a position selector. Bear in mind even full blown WMP can't scroll with anything other than the slider bar...

Guest midnight

they'd have to recode wmp to allow for a position slidebar, i guess the reason they did it the way they did was to make thinks simple to control. but, a better way would have been to use the cursors to select controls (then action to select it), and use number keys for volume and skip tracks, then we could have had full functionality, ah well, maybe in Ozone eh? (or hint hint Microsoft, in a wmp update :wink:)

Guest Richie M

Mono does that mean our WMP doesn't support those features or they just aren't mapped?

Also, how do i find out the key-mapping for the non-standard buttons ie Shuffle & repeat?

Soz not very good at this skinning lark :lol:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm not 100% sure, but it doesn't look to hopeful. I wouldn't expect huge amounts of updates to WMP in the near future as CE.NET is all but released...

As for key mapping, i've never skinned wmp myslef either, so i wouldn't know, sorry :lol: You might want to drop a PM to one of the WMP skinners, or head over to smartphony and see what you can find...

Guest midnight

they'd have to recode wmp to allow for a position slidebar, i guess the reason they did it the way they did was to make thinks simple to control. but, a better way would have been to use the cursors to select controls (then action to select it), and use number keys for volume and skip tracks, then we could have had full functionality, ah well, maybe in Ozone eh? (or hint hint Microsoft, in a wmp update :wink:)they'd have to recode wmp to allow for a position slidebar, i guess the reason they did it the way they did was to make thinks simple to control. but, a better way would have been to use the cursors to select controls (then action to select it), and use number keys for volume and skip tracks, then we could have had full functionality, ah well, maybe in Ozone eh? (or hint hint Microsoft, in a wmp update :wink:)

oh, and like i said, we can display stuff, just not select with the joypad, so, we could show that the player is in shuffle and repeat mode with graphics, but you would still have to select them through settings

Guest Richie M
oh, and like i said, we can display stuff, just not select with the joypad, so, we could show that the player is in shuffle and repeat mode with graphics, but you would still have to select them through settings

Thats pants ;)

Cheers for your help guys :lol:

Guest Richie M

FYI Paul was slightly wrong :shock:

We have Media Player version 8.1 (very important as it has to be the first line in the SKN file(then again i don't know what will happen if you put 8, probably be ok would of hoped it'd be backward compatible but as there is no White Paper on v8 or 8.1 i don't know the difference :?))