World Clock?

Guest NickB&SPV

Guest NickB&SPV

Been on Smartphony this morning and seen a program list (SPV style) that had been done showing apps for smartphone. One of which was world clock. It it available :?: :lol:

Guest mrjuglas

That was a picture of Monolithix's program list, taken from this site

The world clock app was on a card of software given to forum members who attended the recent meet in London. It's a commercial app developed by DAT (www. datgroup.com), there were some cards left over after the meet and I was lucky enough to be sent one but they're gone now.

If you're interested in the program you might try pming Soyale on this site and asking how you can get hold of a copy but I'm not sure that it's available commercially yet

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Apparetnly the DAT apps are only going to be released directly to carriers...sorry.

Edit- Doesn't seem to account for BST btw :lol:

Guest Soyale

Thanks for the bug report Mono. This has been noted and is on the schedule to fix! It does take account of Daylight Savings elsewhere in the world. Doh!

Guest akarno
Thanks for the bug report Mono.  This has been noted and is on the schedule to fix!  It does take account of Daylight Savings elsewhere in the world.  Doh!

I can confirm it is an hour out for Sydney. Show 10 hours difference, it should be currently showing 9 hours.

Guest Gorskar

I think thats because of the fact that it doesnt account for Daylight saving in the UK, but everywhere else in the world seems to have the correct time.

Edit, no actually, you are right - compared with http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock it appears that it has the start and end dates for daylight saving round the wrong way :oops:

I hope this mistake hasn't been made for all southern hemisphere cities!

Guest Gorskar

For the power traveller!! - Looks impressive

The world clock app some of us have is a simpler affair, but nicely done - just a shame that daylight saving is mucked up in many cities.