Repligo for Smartphone Released

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest awarner [MVP]

I did not realise it also runs on the pc as well ;) nice

Looks like I have to do some saving up, payday soon :lol:

can somone post an independant review of this product please?

Guest smartphone-web.com

There is an good review of the betaversion on www.ppcw.net and i will post a review after weekend on www.smartphone2002.info too.

Guest martin

a quote from ppcw review

The downside of RepliGo is that the files need to be converted on the Desktop first, so it isn't an attachment viewer for E-Mails - today.

Can anyone elaborate on this.

Does this mean that although I would have the ability to display different file types, I could not do this on the move (via E-mail attachments). I would first have to go home, log on to my desktop, convert the files and download them to my SPV.

Surely this can't be right - the whole point of the SPV is thats its a mobile device.

I may have this all wrong, and I really hope so.

But for $24.95, I may as well look at the files on my desktop PC.

What I missing here?

Guest spacemonkey

No that's correct, it converts files on the desktop and then you transfer the converted .rgo file to your device.

On top of that each conversion is done in the application (although it's pretty straight forward) by the user. It doesn't currently allow for batch conversion. So you can't set it up to convert all your news sites each morning before leaving home (for example).

It is a VERY good viewer though and the file sizes/quality of viewing and faithfulness to the original file is absolutely top notch.

But I must say personally for me at the price I probably wouldn't buy it without some form of automated conversion. I'm not really after conversion on the run, but I can see how it would matter to some people, however the way repligo have built their system it would be a MAJOR change to how it works.

It also should work with absolutely ANY file to some degree, because you can "print" to an rgo file. So as long as an application allows printing in windows, it should be convertable to read in repligo.

Guest mensar

I have been trying to think would I use this much, and came to the conclusion that I need to view attachments, which is why I may wait for Clearvue suite which will open pdf, word, powerpoint and images from attachments. Don't think it opens excel files, which is a slight problem for me.

There is a review of Clearvue by Arne Hess here:

http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1167

Basically it comes down to what you want to do. View all documents (but you need a pc handy) or view on the move (not all file types, but the most important types).

scott

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yep, got it in one.

Repligo is more versatile if you have many different document types to view, whereas ClearVue is more versatile at viewing fewer docs on the move...

Guest Paul [MVP]

Agreed, so you want both installed really... I have both, and use both.

Clearvue is great for viewing word attachments etc., but I can print all manner of weird formats thru the repligo driver and view them on the move :lol:

P

Guest fraser

I doubt that Repligo will ever be standalone on the phone. Looks as though it converts the document to jpgs or gifs, much like the Pocket Slideshow thing does. Kind of cheating, but you get the desired result.

The document reflowing is pretty good by the looks of it.

Guest davef
Would I be right in thinking that Repligo can't open .rgo documents stored on the storage card?

RepliGo can indeed open RGO files from a storage card. From the main document list screen, select Menu > Folders and then highlight your storage card folder where your RGO files exist. You can literally fit hundreds of RGO documents on your storage card and reference them in this manner.

Guest HelloDave

RepliGo is very good if you simply want a document viewer; becuase files are converted to its custom format its very fast, and text can still be scaled with no loss in quality (unlike the powerpoint viewer, which takes ages to convert files on my PC becuase everything is rendered to images). Natrually images loose some detail but its only noticeable when you zoom in.

Anyone on the RepliGo beta; if you haven't checked your e-mail yet we get a discount on the final version :lol: