keyboard drivers for SPV

Guest ulfersk

Guest ulfersk

Hello, i m french and i ve buy in uk the spv keyboard... but the problem is that i can't download the driver with my phone in the french support of orange. i've phone at orange in france and in uk they can do nothing for me :cry:

And i can't use my keyboard with my spv, i need help... i search the driver... if a person could send me the driver or a web site that was very cool. thank you for your help,

friendly, ulfersk

The French driver for the UK version of the keyboard will be out very soon, and will be downlaodable from the Orange Update site via your phone.

The French driver for the French keybaord will be a while longer...

But as ypu have the UK version, you won't have long to wait.

;)

jcat

Guest JohnHawkes

I have just put down the phone having talked to orange, aparently there are no drivers for the keyboard and there are none planned. Or at least thats what the delightfull lady from customer services has just said. So all of you using your keyboards out there must be delusional :roll:

Well as I don't have gprs it looks like i have a 50 pound hankie sitting here. Maybe some day I will be able to get gprs, that is providing it actualy exists, maybe that is a figment of our collective imaginations as well....

Hi,

I am actually the IT Systems Admin for ElekSen Ltd (the people who make the keyboard), and I can tell you that the French driver for the uk version of the keyboard is due out very very soon. You can't seriously expect some woman from customer services to know what's going on!! :roll:

But you can use the English driver instead of the French one, you just need to be able to understand the driver set-up dialogues.

You don't need GPRS to download the driver, you can use a standard dialup connection to get on the internet on the SPV. But the biggest problem (which I've just realised) is that you won't be able to connect to the UK Orange Update site, your phone will automatically connect to the French Orange Update site. I think there is a way to make you phone connect to the UK site, but I do know how to do it myself.

I am not currently allowed to email people the driver, because we don't have permission to distribute it ourselves. You never know this may change soon, I personally think it should be available on the internet for everyone.

Cheers,

jcat

Guest ShAkY
I am not currently allowed to email people the driver, because we don't have permission to distribute it ourselves. You never know this may change soon, I personally think it should be available on the internet for everyone. 

Well thet would be the first time i have seen a driver for some hardware that isn't free to dl for anyone.

what good would you have in getting the driver if you havn't bought the hardware ;)

Guest JohnHawkes

Hi again....

Just thought I would pop back and say thanks to jcat. Last night after a little searching through this forum, I found the instructions for setting up passthrough on my docking thingie, and downloaded the new drivers (in less than a second). Just so you know, the only option offered was the uk keyboard update, which seems to be working fine (and yes I did check that it wasnt expecting a french layout). So thanks for the help jcat ;)

I'm glad you got it working, it's been quite frustrating hearing about all the people that have purchased a keyboard and not been able to get hold of the software to run it.

Hope you enjoy using it!

8)

jcat

Guest smartphone-web.com
.... Last night after a little searching through this forum, I found the instructions for setting up passthrough on my docking thingie, and downloaded the new drivers (in less than a second). Just so you know, the only option offered was the uk keyboard update, which seems to be working fine (and yes I did check that it wasnt expecting a french layout). So thanks for the help jcat ;)

You mean that all i have to do to get the drivers is to make a "orange update" via Docking Station?

I'm not sure if that will work in Germany. The main problem was (as I thought) that the Keyboard Update was not available in the various regional Orange Update sites.

But John's problem was that he didn't have GPRS coverage in France and hence could get to the Orange Update site via his SPV, but as I pointed out you don't need GPRS to get on the internet with this phone. You can set up an ordinary ISP dialup account on the SPV as the internet connection, or as John did you can use Passthrough via a computer and Active Sync.

If your regional Orange Update site is offering the update, then either of the above methods would get you the driver, as would the GPRS access as well.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

jcat

Guest smartphone-web.com

But, we dont have orange in germany - so we dont have a regional update page. :? The Handset is a Uk one. So what I doing wrong?

I pressume that Hersteller is Manufacturer, you need to have version 1.3.7.6 for the keyboard to work properly. The only people that can distribute that are Orange. ;)

Sorry,

jcat

• 1 month later...
Guest thodges

I have been following all of these postings, and have the same problem, that is to say that I am an Orange client in France and purchased my keyboard in the UK. Naturally, I cannot access the UK Orange Update site from my SPV as it automatically goes to the French "Telechargement" site, which seems not to be opeartional (it always gives the message unable to find server).

I can access the internet by using the pass-through function on the SPV, but the problem is that I have no idea where to find the driver that I require (the English one that is). If anybody can tell me specifically the link to Orange Update (which I presume is where the driver can be found), it would be much appreciated.

Guest awarner [MVP]

thodges please try not to crosspost, I have answered your question in the Help and Advice section :lol:

Hope it helps