Guide to Painting Your SPV

Guest cpt_andy

Guest )(nspired ))ead

After seeing this I jumped at the chance to paint my SPV.. reason it was not done before - I did not know how to take the case apart.... Do now,, thanks mate.... I sprayed it with a metalic type paint again from a car spares place... Only difference this stuff is for use on plastic and is very very hard to scratch off once applied.... It is called "Special FX Paint" and is made by "Tetrosyl" cost about £4.30 if i remember rightly for a 400ml can... more than enough to give the whole case and battery several coates.... I used "Candy Sea Blue" gives an amasing colour in daylight, slightly lighter than cpt_andy one.. only gave it a couple of coates with about 3 to 4 hours in between for paint to dry... left it for a day to dry hard and then re-assembled it... forgetting the one screw holding circuit board,, opened it again now I know how and put it in... again closed it all up and everything worked fine.... to my releif...

Lastly sprayed the end of SD Card to match phone......

When and if it goes wrong - courier will have to wait while I swap the case and battery over on new unit... lol

AlansSPV2.JPG

Oh and recently done - the camera to match !!!

SPV_Pic2.jpgSPV_Pic3.jpg

All Done now....

Guest cpt_andy

That look really good ;)

That paint sounds just like the stuff I should have used :x The lighter colour looks good too.

Heh, I've started a trend now :wink: Painted phones are taking over :twisted:

Cpt. Andy

Guest )(nspired ))ead

What we need is to find out who manufactures the spv covers - order a load and have em sprayed wonderful colours... red, blue,,, dunno bout that chrome look... any ideas on who then let us know... else peeps on here will start charging to do it...lol ;)

Guest b1uepower

humm well i have sprayed my phone now.. just need to put it back together.. need some super glue for the palstic screen.. when its all working i will post some pics of it ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Antilles_Prime

i repainted my phone with spray enamel paint from the local hobby shop... (black) ... In had to due to the fact I bought a phone on ebay and the seller didnt really ENLIGHTEN me to the fact that the phone has much shell/casing damage and had been a bad respray job. (it was a mess, trust me). So, I sanded the living hell out of it, and then put 3 layers of paint on, and then 2 layers of enamel clear coat / gloss... and it LOOKS great... my only complaint is, it has a slightly 'sticky' feel to the touch. nothing major, nothing comes off on my hands, but, still, it doesnt have as smooth a feel as a normal plastic phone. ideas? any way to fix this?

Guest Antilles_Prime

excellent.. excellent... thats what i needed to hear. ok, i have before and after pics... its quite a difference... will post soon...

post those before and after pics !!!! hehehe...

nice job all .... maybe I'll get the guts to do this to my own SPV one day ....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest XGEOX

he's using one of those hosts which doesnt like direct linking - you have to copy and paste the links into your browse's url box...

Very nice work there m8 - great finish on it :lol:

Guest awarner [MVP]

I thought that as well, hope it's not :?

As for the links problem has it been fixed? as I had no problem seeing the pics.

Guest Antilles_Prime

no, thats not a crack, actually, its a small cutmark that was made by an exacto knife while i was cutting the tape for repainting... and then i realized that the whole silver part that held the screen cover in came out of the casing... and so i took it out... but.. last night, I bought a dummy phone from a store display off of ebay, so now i can use taht casing as a replacement!

Guest awarner [MVP]
I bought a dummy phone from a store display off of ebay, so now i can use taht casing as a replacement!

Nice idea top marks to that one :lol:

Guest Antilles_Prime

I guess we will see when i get it. (good question actually)... but it was worth it to find out, most of the time the dummy phone in the store is teh exact same thing except that it has no internals... so... I would say so..