Solar GPS for Orange SPV Has anyone tried?

Guest watek

Guest midnight

hmmm, actually, i could be wrong, it does state spv

but, i cant find anything about this on the web at all, which looks err, kinda dodgy

Guest mcwarre

Had a look,

Fairly standard receiver. Don't see how the software side would work; pocketstreetmap and navigator run on CE, but I doubt it would run on SPV. Also would need drivers for the SPV to recognise the GPS rx.

I think that he is just saying that it will physically fit the SPV (using XDA connector). So you could buy it, but it wouldn't work on the SPV....

Am downloading a trial version of pocketstreetmap just to check. Will let you know...

Guest Brody

Let us know how u get on!! I would love some sort of GPS system on the phone but i'm not sure if it'll be feasible for this age of smartphone, what do u reckon?

Guest karmapolice

Hi,

I just emailed the guy running the auction and he told me that Solar GPS works perfectly on the SPV but he's waiting for the software from www.streetmaps.co.uk.

He also said to hassle them about this which i did...so if more of us hassle them maybe we can see a fully working GPS system on our SPV's sooner rather than later.

Regards

Karmapolice

Guest Richie M
Hi,

I just emailed the guy running the auction and he told me that Solar GPS works perfectly on the SPV but he's waiting for the software from www.streetmaps.co.uk.

He also said to hassle them about this which i did...so if more of us hassle them maybe we can see a fully working GPS system on our SPV's sooner rather than later.

Regards

Karmapolice

Er sorry but if he hasn't got the software and certainly wont have the drivers, how on earth does he know it works perfectly on the SPV? :?

I smell something and it aint pretty ;)

Guest karmapolice

Richie how do we know that he doesnt have the drivers or a beta version of the streetmaps software.

Maybe he's written his own drivers...you could ask him.

Karmapolice