Do you use Trillian Pro?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Do you use Trillian Pro?

If so, MoDaCo SmartPhone now has a feed for use with the news plugin.

Name: MoDaCo SmartPhone

Server: smartphone.MoDaCo.com

And i've attached a pic of what it looks like in action ;)

P

trillian.gif

Guest Coolboy1982

Sorry, but where do you enter that in trillian?

I have version 1.0!

EDIT - Just figured out that I have to get the plugin first! ;-)

Guest Mesh121

can some one upload the plugin i ave trillians pro but cnt access there site ;) only if possible or tel me what it is called so i can search for direct download? :)

Guest Coolboy1982

Right, works a treat now!

It always shows if someone wrote a new message somewhere, right?

Thanks for that Paul!

As for posting the plugin here, I'm not sure if this can be done, cause you

need to be registered with the trillian site. The plugins are free then though!

If Paul thinks it is legal to post them here, he could do it himself!

Guest Coolboy1982

Errrm not so much registered with the site as being a registered Trillian Pro user ;)

Sorry, that's what I meant!

Cause you get the password for the site only if you register the application.

Sorry, if I haven't made myself clear!

To Paul though: As I said above, I think it is supposed to list new messages,

but how often is it updated? It hasn't changed at all in the last 20 minutes or

so, although there were new posts in that time. Even after a restart of trillian

the list stays the same! Or does it just show new threads?

Guest Paul [MVP]

Here's a few cool little settings:

You can specify the number of posts via the url parameter c, e.g.                                                                  

http://www.modaco.com/rdf.php?c=50                                                                                      

This will result in an RDF file with the latest 50 posts from all your forums.                                                

You can also specify to look only at a specified forum using the f parameter, e.g.                                                  

http://www.modaco.com/rdf.php?f=9                                                                                      

This will result in an RDF file with the latest 15 posts from your forum with the id 9.                                        

You can also mix the paramters:                                                                                                

http://www.modaco.com/rdf.php?f=5&c=10                                                                                  

will show you the latest 10 posts from forum 5.

You can get the forum number by looking at the address bar after clicking on your desired forum.

;)

P

Guest fozzie

Yeah, I've always been a fan of Trillian since it first came out and ICQ started getting bigger and bigger!

So I'm now logged into my Instant Messaging services with Trillian on my PC, able to view posts on MoDaCo, at the same time as viewing them in IE on the PC, at the same time as viewing them on the SPV, at the same time as being logged into MSN Messenger on the SPV, at the same time as using iMov messenger on the SPV to log into my IM services, at the same time as............. Holy moly ;)

Guest Coolboy1982
Yeah, I've always been a fan of Trillian since it first came out and ICQ started getting bigger and bigger!

So I'm now logged into my Instant Messaging services with Trillian on my PC, able to view posts on MoDaCo, at the same time as viewing them in IE on the PC, at the same time as viewing them on the SPV, at the same time as being logged into MSN Messenger on the SPV, at the same time as using iMov messenger on the SPV to log into my IM services, at the same time as............. Holy moly ;)

Not all quite at the same time, as signing onto msn somewhere, kicks you out

of it on all the other clients...

Guest fozzie
Not all quite at the same time, as signing onto msn somewhere, kicks you out

of it on all the other clients...

True. One of the beauties of Trillian though, is the multiple login feature which allows you to have multiple logins with the same IM ;)

Guest fozzie
"]Should I keep this public, or make it a 'Plus' feature?

P

Don't be mean.............public please Paul. I'm holding onto my cash for short while to see what sort of software discounts etc. there's going to be for the Plus members.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lutzh

Hi Paul

What happend to the feed? The MoDaCo tab is empty since days now while the feed from mobilejoe.de works still perfectly. Did you make it a PLUS feature???

Cheers, Lutz

Guest lutzh

Hi Paul

Just reinstalled the data from here - no, there's nothing coming in. I like the feature very much - please check...

Cheers, Lutz