Wildfire.

Guest Wigger

Guest Wigger

As anybody heard about this new "Wildfire" virtual personal assistant?

Wildfire’s™ whole reason for being is to make your life easier. An intelligent, virtual, personal assistant for your phone, using the latest speech recognition technology. If you're somewhere noisy, she'll even respond to the keypad on your phone. If you're driving and don't have your hands free, you can simply speak your commands and Wildfire™ will take care of it.

Wildfire™ will also manage your messages, sort them for you and call people for you when you say their names. She'll even let you know if another call comes whilst you are listening to a message. Wildfire™ will also handle any incoming faxes and guide you through the simple process of forwarding them to a nearby fax machine for printing out.

Available in the UK, France, Italy and America, she's revolutionising the way we use mobile phones and has already won the year 2000 World Communication Award for the 'Most Innovative Service'.

Seems pretty cool eh!?! :)

Guest skimask

It's been around for a few years mate, I remember when they launched it at the Mobile Expo in Birmingham about 3 (or 4?) years ago. I've never subscribed to it myself because I didnt think it was worth the extra fiver a month (might be cheaper now) but I have tried it out and its pretty impressive, espcially if you haven't got voice-dialling built into your handset.

Guest fozzie
I've never subscribed to it myself because I didnt think it was worth the extra fiver a month (might be cheaper now)

hmmm, I've had WildFire since its release and as far as I'm aware, there has never been a monthly charge for it. They did at some stage charge a one off fee (5 or 10 quid) to set it up but definitely no monthly charge.

I use it all the time and find it/her very good :) Even better is getting WildFire Fax added. Basically, you get given an additional number which people can send faxes too. Once the fax is received, you get a voicemail indication on your phone. Dial up WildFire and you will be told you have a new fax from.......... You can then "send my fax" to any 'real' fax number of your choice ;)

Guest skimask

I think it was offered free if you were setup as a Business User, but there was definitely a five pound a month charge to normal users. I'm sure of that because I ran a mobile phone business at the time and Orange offered extra commission if you sold Wildfire on connection.

Guest Thistle

There has never ever been a monthly charge for wildfire, its only a 1 off fee of £11.75 (a strage fee I know ?!?) Its been out for about 3 years and I bought it cause it looked really kewl when a rep demo'd it to me, but can she understand what I say?

"Throw it away" and what replay do I get "sorry I didn't understand you. Did you say sort them? Yes or No?". AAARRRGGGHHHHH bloody infuriating. But would I give her up? Na shes kewl.

"what does a cow say?"

"MOOO"

Guest Thistle
I think it was offered free if you were setup as a Business User, but there was definitely a five pound a month charge to normal users. I'm sure of that because I ran a mobile phone business at the time and Orange offered extra commission if you sold Wildfire on connection.

U still get extra commission for selling it with a phone, but as I said its only ever been a 1 off fee.

Guest skimask

from Orange:

Calls to Wildfire™ are charged at Answer Phone rates depending on your Service Plan.

Calls will be taken from inclusive minutes when you create Your Plan, or may be taken from your inclusive bundle if you are connected to Talk 60, Talk 150, Everyday 50 or Orange Everytime.

If you ask her to call someone for you this will be charged at your usual Service Plan rate.

There is a one-off connection charge of £11.75. There is no further connection fee for the Wildfire™ fax service.

guess I was wrong, good job I left the business when i did :)

There has never ever been a monthly charge for wildfire, its only a 1 off fee of £11.75 (a strage fee I know ?!?)

Not at all. It's £10 + 17.5% VAT.