PocketDivx 8R Beta1

Guest malloc

Guest ClintEastman

On the old one if i got the balance wrong i would just delete MVP's reg key....

Then when you re run it, it would setup as defaults.....

Not sure if that works on the new one?

Guest johnnygri

ClintEastman, i'm interested in what sort of DivX file sizes you've been getting - i'm filling up my 256meg card at a ridiculous rate ;)

I've been encoding Red Dwarf episodes (vdub), they're about 25mins long and have got em down to about 23mb (5.0.2, 48kbps video, 32kbps 16khz mono audio), they're running at 29fps (unavoidable :) ) but they run surprisingly well and they're perfectly watchable. Curious as to whether you reckon i could get those smaller...

Guest ClintEastman

My matrix experiment runs at 24fps'ish and is encoded at 128Kbps ;)

Not tried anything bigger until i get my new settings done.

But if you check the size of My Matrix Experiment next the My Matrix ... You sould get an idea (don't know the sizes of the top of my head).

Guest johnnygri

Cool, let me know when you've had a play with some longer stuffs can ya? Cheers ;)

Hint - Before using resize filter in vdub, slap in the sharpen filter and put it as high up as possible before it starts to introduce unwanted artefacts, after a decent bicubic resize you *should* notice an apparent increase in quality 8)

Guest madu

With the new version deleting the REG key(folder) actually f***s it up. On th next run it recreates the folder, but something must be missing coz it says 'Invalid file format' for all files (mp3/avi).. But when you run old one - it restores itself nicely.

What does 'Show Info' do? I can't see anything when pressing 2. On pause or on play...

PS: You can remap keys in the regstry as it seems...

Guest jim80b

madu, well anyone really, does anyone have the reg for the old one so we can remap the buttons on the new one to work as old... will hopefully get volume back as when i change it on the side it jumps to loud or too quiet.

or a list of buttons and their values would be good... am just going to search for that...

Guest MECX
can anyone load the new pocket MVP to the site coz the server its on seems to be down?? everytime ive tried it anyways

cheers  8)

yeh sorry for quoteing my self---the download link dont work at the start of this can someone put another one up that does work???

cheers :cry:

Guest madu
madu, well anyone really, does anyone have the reg for the old one so we can remap the buttons on the new one to work as old...

Uninstall PMVP 8R.

Delete the key in HKC[M/U?]SoftwarePocketMVP

Run PMVP a4

-It should register itself in registry.

Rename the key to something like Pocket4MVP

Now delete the kay PocketMVP

Reinstall PMVP 8R

-Now you should have old reg settings for reference...

Guest madu

On another note, you can change reg value 'KeepLastFile' to 1 so when you load PMVP next time it opens last file and jumps to where you left it. 'Play at File Open' changed to 1 will do what it says, plus will resume your file automatically on next PMVP run.

Another thing I noticed is that all values for key mapping are set to 0 ;) That means you know what... So I'm off to do a search for keymaps...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...