Moddified ALARM Plug-in [UPDATED 10/06/03]

Guest Richie M

Guest NederSoren
I'm a busy boy too working on a SPV site, should be pretty cool when it's done.  

About what?

Just another SPV site, or something special?

Preview?

Guest gradiation

Something special, but just bought the web space and realized it doesn't support XML which is vital.

preview www.xstreamed.co.uk

Guest NederSoren

heh.. noffin much to see...

XML? Sounds interiting... Guess it has something to do with homescreens then? and skinning

Guest Pagemakers

Just installed the cab file. I have set an alarm, but my homescreen is not showing anything that it didn't before the install. What's supposed to happen?

Guest madu

You need to manually change homescreen to 'AlarmPlug Test' homescreen in Settings>Home. If you want alarm on your own personal homescreen, then edit your XML to include alarm plugin.. More info on XML's in articles section by Chris Benjamin 'Tips & Tricks'

Guest Pagemakers

It worked on 2nd installation. Just what I needed. ta

It would be great if when you select the Alarm time on the homescreen you were taken to the alarm setting page in Program/Settings.....

Guest Richie M
It would be great if when you select the Alarm time on the homescreen you were taken to the alarm setting page in Program/Settings.....

If you backread the thread m8, thats is what it did originally, but a bug was found that occasionally made the phone lock-up - therefore this functionality has been removed untill the bug is fixed

Guest Pagemakers

This is one of the most useful things I have ever installed on my SPV.

I know it's still in beta version but it's a shame when you have an all day appointment (that creates another line on the homescreen), everything scrolls down a line and the bottom item (profile) scrolls off the screen.

Maybe the alarm status should be placed to the right of the Operator name (ie top right of the homescreen) so another line is not created for the alarm status.

Guest Richie M
Maybe the alarm status should be placed to the right of the Operator name (ie top right of the homescreen) so another line is not created for the alarm status.

Sorry m8, only one plug-in per line is allowed ;)

Guest pierre

I have "glossy" skin, and I installed the apps but there's nothing new in the home screen folder, although the installation was successful. Does it need to be installed on phone or SD card (or any)?

10 min. later... OK no prob it's now solved after I re-installed it on phone storage :)

Guest madu

Install to phone. It will appear in Application DataHome and there is example hpomescreen that simply shows alarm plugin in action. It is called AlarmPlug or something. You will need to modify your 'Glossy' homescreen manually if you want that to include alarm plugin...

Guest Richie M
any word on the longhorn skin with this plug in included.  Have tried to mod the xml myself but no joy yet.

Er depends if you mean Gradiation version of my Longhorn skin or my new version :)

Obviously, i cant speak for Gradiation, but i will be releasing a new version this week with a new de-bugged fully working Alarm Plug-in :(

Guest gradiation
I will be releasing a new version this week with a new de-bugged fully working Alarm Plug-in :)

How many times we heard that before :(;)

Guest MoRFLeZ

Sounds good!! I really want to add this plugin to my IRiS skin! It would absolutely make it perfect!! So keep de-bugging mate :wink:

Guest Richie M

Ok, just to let you know the state of play :)

I've got rid of the bugs (fingers crossed) and removed a load of redundant code, the only two things i've got left to sort out is the plug-in height assignment and background image :? for some reason these two don't work but i'll get there :( it may just take some time :oops: