Moddified ALARM Plug-in [UPDATED 10/06/03]

Guest Richie M

Guest fozzie

Have you tried clicking on the plug-in and setting an alarm? I've had the read registry error message several times after initially installing the plug-in. The error goes away once the plug-in has been clicked on.

Guest carvas

i think that RichieM could easely change de plugin in order to work in the WM2003 :roll:

could you do that for us Richie? :wink:

regards!

Guest Richie M

:oops: sorry chaps not checked on this thread for a while :roll:

I noticed that too. I guess he tracks the key presses and BT is where the Date&Time settings were on 2002.

Spot on encece, exactly what happens!

I hadn't planned on doing a new version for a number of reason, Orange add an alarm plug-in with the e200 (forgot about non Orange phones), i dont have a 2k3 device, and my time is very limited.

but i will dig out the source code (if i didnt lose it in one of my many hard drive failures) and see what i can do :) time providing :lol: so dont hold your breath

Guest carvas

yeah it's known that E200 already has an alarm plugin, but my Qtek 8080 doesn't :) , it would useful to have an alarm plugin like yours in order to use in other homescreens design...

Regards!

Guest Speedy

okay, have been reading this thread several times and has been trying to figure out this for ages and it is doing my head in!!!!

I am making homescreens and i want to use the alarm plugin in all of them.

I need to know which color attributes are being used (color_highlight, color_traytext etc) and for which i can use them (fgcolor, bgcolor and bgtext when selected)

I just cant get it to work.

I does not seem to react to "transparent" which bothers me a lot

There was some talk that it uses highlighttext or something but which part is it that uses this, bgtext maybe?

Hopefully somebody can give me some answers,

Guest Speedy

Could not let it go so i have had another go at it and here is what i came up with.

I am able to find two useable versions.

1. I have enclosed this as v.1:

This version sets the colour of the selected text using "STATICTEXT" and has a transparent background which is nice.

2. I have enclosed this as v.2:

This version sets the colour of the selected text using "HIGHLIGHTTEXT" which is nice, however it has at black square behind it which i cannot make transparent!?!

What i need is a version that uses "HIGHLIGHTTEXT" and has a transparent background. Hope i am not being too demanding.

thanks,

:)

Alarm.ARM.CAB

alarmplug.CAB

Guest Stella

Does it work with any desk top? I'm running the rather excellent MacOSX one, the cab said it installed OK, but after a reboot nothing appeared!! anyone got any light on this?

thanks

Guest Richie M

Speedy, i think the one you have there as version 2 maybe the one i included with Longhorn M5 :? if so that was hard coded just for that homescreen (due to me having difficulties getting the customisation settings from the xml), i did have a quick look at the code today (and scared myself :)) and do plan on doing an updated version as soon as i can :lol: The main trouble i've got atm (apart from limited time) is that i lost all my backups of the code versions and therefore i'll have to try and work out which version i do have and what needs adding/removing :roll:

Stella, yes the plugin needs to be added to your homescreen xml as per the example included in the CAB :lol:

Guest Speedy

Sounds good richie :)

The alarm plugin itself is excellent, the final touch would be to do the colour coding in the plugin itself instead of it using HIGHLIGHT/STATIC.

Until the next version i will just use the STATIC one since it has the transparent background.

Anyways, its nice to hear that you are willing to improve it.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, im using a E200 with this alarm plugin and like others am getting sent to bluetooth when i click on the alarm in the homescreen.

Are yous till planning on fixing this for us E200 users?

For reference the alarm is now at, start,4,9,3 takes u to date time and option 5 sets the alarm time where as option 4 turns it on.

I would really liek to see this working as otherwise it is a great plugin, many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest damo2576

Hi,

Will this plug in work with the standard orange home screen? I have a bog standard c500 and just want this plug in to work with that?

Am I correct that I need to unlock my phone first?

Thanks,

Damo

Guest fozzie

Sorry, I didn't give you a complete answer. It can be used to display the alarm time - it's just clicking it takes you to the wrong page. You do need an app unlocked phone to install it. However, the standard orange plug-in can be used to do all this. Do a search, and you should find a thread with all the info :)

Guest damo2576

hi, thanks for that however i can't find anything about a standard orange plug in? do you mean ROM upgrade?

where can I find orange plug ins? are they on the orange site?

i'll go have a look.

pointers would be good it you have any!

thanks,

damo

Guest fozzie
hi, thanks for that however i can't find anything about a standard orange plug in?

"Standard" as in already in the ROM on the phone!

What more can I say - search, search & search.

(Hint: keywords "alarm" and "plugin")

• 5 weeks later...
Guest bobby_t1

Current version of the alarm plugin takes me to the Bluetooth settings screen on Win2003SE. As others have mentioned it's because location of menu entries has changed.

Probably an easy fix for this.. just get it to have the right key sequence for 2003SE. I'm hoping a fix comes out soon...