Double Simcard Holder

Guest cybercamel

Guest cybercamel

Is there, or will there be, such a thing as a double simcard holder for the SPV? And if there is, will the phone be clever enough to receive calls from 2 different networks without using a switch?

Or perhaps I should have put this into the wishlist section! ;)

Guest fozzie
Is there, or will there be, such a thing as a double simcard holder for the SPV?
Not at the moment, but it's not an impossible task (for a manufacturer). It would mean either the battery housing being made bigger or losing some capacity from the existing battery.

And if there is, will the phone be clever enough to receive calls from 2 different networks without using a switch?

This could never happen for many reasons. I'l leave that for someone else to expand on - it's Sunday morning and sunny outside and I really don't want to be stuck in front of this thing all day....again! ;)

Guest Firaas

This could never happen for many reasons. I'l leave that for someone else to expand on - it's Sunday morning and sunny outside and I really don't want to be stuck in front of this thing all day....again! ;)

Theoretically a phone could - but it'd have to have two "radios", meaning it'd be the same as having two phones in one.

The SPV has only the one, which means you have to flick from one network ID to the other if you want to change sims...

• 6 months later...
Guest princegary

I have a dual simcard holder in my SPV at the moment. It's basically the same size as a normal sim but works well. just like any other you just power down then power up to swap between simcards.

hi,

did see those dual sim adaptors on ebay but was wary of cutting my sims up! how much you pay for it if you dont mind me asking? Guess it was straight forward to cut sims up?

Hope i thinking of right thing ;-)

Guest awarner [MVP]

The only problem with cutting up the SIM is that it does not belong to you.

They belong to the network and they have the right to request it back, even

though it's unlikely to happen.

Guest princegary

Yeah you do cut up the sim but it's very easy to do. the packet has these little stickers which basically stick onto the sim and you use scissors to cut them out which is just a 2 minute job. It also has templates so that if you decide you wanna use the sim back then you just place them into the 2 holders they supply and it will fit and work as normal so no worries really. Good thing is that a friend sells them in his phone shop so I got mine for £10 which I think is a great price. Admittedly I was weary about chopping the sims too but it works great. Works in my SPV and new E200 without any probs :lol:

• 2 months later...