Mitac MIO is so big!!!!!!!!!! Live pic here

Guest The unexpected guest !

Guest ChrisL

EUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely in this day and age mobile phones should be getting...er more mobile?? And that would be by getting smaller :roll:

Somone needs to tell those people at Mitac

Guest Syvwlch

X'D

You can't be lucky everytime with blind dates, guys.

Look how phone-like and svelte your SPV feels now? And not a penny dearer than yesterday!

Guest The unexpected guest !

I prefer to think it's only a prototype...

Oh no, I can't believe they are able to make something like that :cry:

Guest Gorskar

Whoa - thats goping huge!!!!!!

... although I suppose when its closed it will be about the same size as the spv, so it'll still fit in a pocket. Unfortunate about the external arial though - with that sort of size you'd have thought they could squeeze it in somewhere.

Guest vijay555

i love you guys :)

i don't have an spv yet, patiently twiddling my thumbs for spvx, but when i saw the spec on the mitac i was quietly trying to convince myself that the good ol' spv can pull her weight. i knew i was kidding myself on the tech spec tho.

I'm pleasantly relieved to say that the Mitac looks ridiculous. On a kinda aside, i went in to check out the "amazing new 3Gs". Guys (and gal, wherever you are), i reckon the majority of us are tech savvy, and don't particularly mind biting the bullet with new technology, but picking up, or at least power lifting the 3gs was a disappointment. sure they're a showpiece right now, and low coverage requires bigger receivers/antennas, but please. My first nokia was smaller. My first fisher price phone was smaller. the spv just about tempts me off my "lose it in a fold of fat" 8210, but i reckon that Saddam could be hiding scuds inside the Mitacs and the inspectors wouldn't find em...

although, an mpeg-4 encoder chip would still be sweet...

V

Guest DJ WATTS

Well at first glance i must admit i was being sweyed by the darkside that is the Mitac. I thought a T100 looking Smartphone cool, but upon checking those really nasty photo's i can safely say my SPV is where my home is!! :)

And what about when its closed, its the same dam size as the SPV... muhahahaha!!! lol

cebit2003-25.jpg

Guest spacemonkey

Damn... it's another case of a phone looking acceptable when shown in isolation, but as soon as you can see the size....

Guess I'll be waiting for someone else to produce a nice, faster handset...

Guest vampyre69
OMG it's hhuuugggeee :shock:

Thanks, I have been told its a blessing :wink:

Seriously though its a bit BIG and a bit UGLY too, hmm maybe the picture isn't the mobile version at all, maybe its the wrong one, 'cause I'm sure thats a picture of the payphone version thats due out soon :wink: :)

Guest ClintEastman

If you look at the shadows you can judge how thick it is closed, and my god it's thick!

I remember the first shot of it i saw, and thought, the screens a bit small! Now i can see why it looked small!

OOOOOSH!!! :wink:

Guest ClintEastman
FYI - bit OT but MS said last night in there WebCast that all future Smartphone 2002 phones have to have a screen size of 176x220.

Thats why i couldn't work out why it looked so small.

Not really a big fan of flip phones.