virtualdub help please

Guest Rusty

Guest Rusty

Tried searching and can't seem to find the definitive answer in all the results, so here goes.

Basically i need an idiots guide to converting divx for use on my SPV, i have downloaded and installed virtualdub, but cannot for the life of me see how to change the res/framerate etc of a movie :?

I'm probably missing something totally stupid, but it's starting to annoy me now, so any help would be appreciated :)

Regards

Rusty

Guest Richie M
IMPORTANT: One thing it misses out is that you have to go 'Video' and decimate the frame rate by 3.

You don't have to and it all depends on the frame rate of your original file as to which decimate you do use. It all depends on the quality and file size your after :)

Guest ClintEastman

I am going to be righting a definitive, all-in-one guide to go in the articles section this week, to take you from any format video through to sitting and watching it on your phone, at the request of the Mods. So keep you eyes open! :wink:

Guest omar_g

I'm confused. The video doesnt work onmy converted MPEG files. The Pocketplayer generates an error about incompatible video.

Using the settings (kindly) posted here and the step by step guide, I've noticed that I dont actually have the Divx compression codex in my list of usable video compression techniques. Why?! Is it a seperate download to Virtualdub itself? I do have the latest version (downloaded 3 times from different sources) but I just dont have the Divx 5 everyone else seems to be using. :?:

Guest omar_g

Believe it or not a I did search the three Virtualdub/DivX threads here and run a Google search for "Virtualdub plug-in DivX" before posting. :oops: Oh dear Omar.... :)

Thank you.