512mb SD Cards - Cheapest?

Guest Simon Desser

Guest johnboyw

I`m gonna get a 256 from e-bay for 43 quid plus fiver to deliver!!!! i`m sure this is the cheapest. If not let me know cos i`m gonna order one mon. And to think i paid £30 for this 64mb one the day i got my phone. I was desperate.. :-)

Guest XGEOX

Sounds good - what make is it?

If it's the same Sandisk one, why not pay the extra couple of quid and get it from a proper online store?

-Whilst ebay usually offers the lowest prices, from what my mates have told me it can be very unreliable... :?

I've never used it myself so I dont know for sure (under 18's can't buy or sell :) )

Guest fozzie

I've bought something like 20 to 30 things on eBay and never had a single problem.

If you time your order right with the seller 'buzzlghtyrby', you'll get a free SanDisk Cruzer USB reader :)

Guest ricmoo2003

I have bought and sold a fair few thing from e-bay and also have never had a problem (I can see where this thread is going!!!)

Back on topic, i have 2 Sandisk 256 SD cards & a 128 Lexar one and have never had a problem with any of them.

Guest FrankyG

My 2c's; I got a 256 Sandisk from ebay..the mini racer included. The card has been fine from a performance/reliability point of view. However, the construction of the card is in doubt, as it has begun to split at the seam. It became apparent when I tried to eject it from the phone using my thumb, I may have been unlucky but my nail just prized the card apart a little. It's ok though as I found a matching clothes peg and that holds it together nicely. :) Seriously, it might need the smallest drop of superglue to seal it again. I can't be bothered to send it back as everything is on the card.

HTH

FrankyG

Guest XGEOX

Ebuyer are now selling 'Kingmax' 256sd cards for £46.99 (inc vat), which i believe is about the cheapest 256mb you can get without going to ebay...

However im not able to tell you how good/bad they are cause i havent heard of the make, and havent seen any reviews.

For a few more pounds, my Sandisk 256mb card is working great, and so far no problems at all - touch wood :wink:

• 5 months later...
Guest pmerritt

i hate to tell you guys this but, a few weeks ago sears was selling these things for $99.00. from Sandisk. I picked up one just because it was so cheap. it's still in the package. My other card is 256meg and it's not full yet. I'm putting full movies on the 512 card in the near future

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...