Possible to place a link to NEW SMS on the homepage?

Guest omar_g

Guest midnight

hmmm, to go to the sms mailbox you run a program called tmail.exe, now, hopefully there is a command line switch to create a new message, there is one to attach files: 'tmail.exe -attach filename', if anyone has the MAPI reference then they could look up what the switch is for a new sms if it exists, then it would be simple to create a method to link straight to it.

anyone?

Guest fraser

Makes sense midnight. How about calling it with

tmail.exe -attach ""

That is, pass it a null string. That might work, if there isn't a proper API for this. I'll bet that there is one though...can anyone think of any apps that can already open the dialog for a new mail?

Guest yatpeak

More SMSs than calls :shock: , in that case it would be useful, I hope one's created soon, but not many people would need it that much, so I think you might have to get someone to make it specifically for you.

Wyatt

Guest omar_g

I send about 15 sms a day, 5 MMS and use GPRS to collect my email once every couple of hours.

I have a Nokia 6610 which is used exclusively for calls.

Qucik access to the "create sms" page would be great!

Guest benjymous

I think I've sussed this (but I can't test it from here as I haven't got my sync cable at work)

using the orange shortcuts plugin, make a link to "mailto:?" which should open a new sms composer.

If that doesn't work, I could easily knock together a tiny app that'd just launch that shortcut itself, which would let you have a "compose new message" link on your start menu (and thus in your MRU too)

(btw the mailto: link is what the orange news site uses for the "text this story to a friend" links)

Guest Richie M
using the orange shortcuts plugin, make a link to "mailto:?" which should open a new sms composer.

Dont work i'm afraid m8 :)

I used

�

And it wouldn't even load the Home Screen :shock:

Guest Richie M
if you wanna do it that way, i would think you would just use message someone

Never seen that syntax before :? I'm using the Orange Shortcut Plugin.

Found out that new message command is "tmail.exe %1", i can open tmail with a shortcut ok (just opens InBox) but how do i pass the parameter?

Guest midnight

that aint no plugin syntax, its standard xml/html

as for the tmail.exe new message command, i mentioned this earlier, you would somehow need to change the shortcut properties (isnt implemented in smart explorer), then just change the target to equal 'tmail.exe %1'

in theory simple.

Guest Richie M
that aint no plugin syntax, its standard xml/html

as for the tmail.exe new message command, i mentioned this earlier, you would somehow need to change the shortcut properties (isnt implemented in smart explorer), then just change the target to equal 'tmail.exe %1'

in theory simple.

i've tried this and it just says "target not found" :)

Yes it is pointing in right place, doesn't like the %1 :roll:

Guest midnight

ok, if you have a plugin on the homescreen....

<plugin clsid="{A1536C57-6AC2-4c31-9542-B144B0E9D076}" name="newsms" height="20" group="ieo">

<format state="selected" bgcolor="COLOR_HOMEHIGHLIGHT" b-border-width="1"/>

<shortcut width="40%" action="mailto:">

<text>New SMS</text>

</shortcut>

then, when you click on that link it takes you to the inbox, and automatically opens the new menu, allowing you to select sms, mms

so, basically, two clicks of the action button and yer in

i'm sure there must be a better way, i'll keep lookin

Guest Richie M

:shock: thats what i had originally except you havent got the "?" after "mailto:" :?

oh well :)

I don't even wanna use this myself :roll: