Matrix Screensaver and PocketCandySP B1.2 (motbe)

Guest benjymous

Guest benjymous

I found this matrix screensaver (with source) for Pocket PC:

http://www16.brinkster.com/motbe/ce/Matrix.asp

It works fine as a standalone exe on the SPV (install it, browse to ipsmwindows, rename the .scr to .exe then run it) but this isn't really very useful

Can anyone mod it so that it sits in the background, and runs when the phone's docked and charging?

Guest madu

COOL!!! I like it! And(!) it keeps the screen on all the time!!!

Lokking at the source now... Never seen C++ code before..

Well, there's always a first one! Heehehe

Guest Brody

That's sooo cool! Suppose the only problem is that u can't actually install screensavers on the SPV unless something's changed recently that i havn't noticed!!

Guest madu

You cant install screensavers in the full meaning of it, but you can run the actuall program if you launch it as an executable... It looks damn good! (but I guess it's only 1/4 of the screen.. Would be cool to have it modified to show the 'full' thing on a smaller SPV screen - with smaller symbols and many more of them!! That would ROCK!

Guest CamperBoy

Looks coooool on my phone too

Just went and showed it off to some mates at work to make them more jealous (Nokia users!)

Are there any more that will work in the same way i.e. not dependant on a pocket PC size screen?

Guest Brody

As was mentioned b4 by madu i think that it is dependent on the screen size but its just that only seeing a portion of the matrix code doesn't stop its effectiveness (ie, you don't realise ur only seeing a portion of the code!)

Or is that what u meant??

Guest madu

I'l move this to software, so more people get a chance to see how WKD this is!!

[not many bother to go into developer area...]

[EDIT1] In fact, I'll attach the EXE to the first post.. Don't think we're violating anything here...

[EDIT2] On another note, I will Not. No hassle this way. Just wanted to save you all the trouble of installation. I personally prefer to just have an exe without running any extra setups on my systems. No need to trash registry...

Now GO GET IT!!!

Guest Mr_Protozoa

It's pretty sweet, it can't be that hard to change the screen size and resize the images.

Hopefully somebody with programming skills will sort it soon.

Could it have messages built into it? I've seen it on another matrix scr, so things like "One new Email" could appear out of the code? That would be cool.

Guest FrankyG

I just tried to get it, but he's exceeded his bandwidth limit and the page is down :x anyone want to mail or PM it to me...pleeeesze :)

FrankyG

Guest Dave DR

can anyone post the cab file, or the files as a zip file from your phone? I cant install with out my USB cradle...

Thanks!

Guest meaks

I did that but now I've just got a Matrix.scr file in my windows directory and doesnt work run I try and run it. :?

I've probably missed something really obvious!

Guest Dave DR

Also, is there a way of make the screen saver run an EXE? The Screensaver mode can be only set to None or Turn Off.. there must be a way to change it!

Guest madu

DaveDR, I went through the registry times and times, but I don't think the screensaver can be modified... BTW, with this one, the screen is always ON! (I wonder what command it uses.. > might be a good solution for PocketTV team/PocketMVP!!

Guest benjymous

The source can be found on the author's page (original post) so whatever command is used should be in there

Only problem with keeping the screen on is that I've noticed it consumes power faster than it can recharge when docked, which is a shame (as it'd be cool to have that running whenever the phone's charging)