Matrix Screensaver and PocketCandySP B1.2 (motbe)

Guest benjymous

Guest motbe

Well, through a bit of work on it, PocketCandy should run. I'm still working on getting the version for the PocketPC up and running on the SmartPhone emulator. Through a bit of registry tweaking, I think it's possible.

One thing to note is that .scr files will actually execute on the device. Natively, .scr files won't execute on Windows 98, NT, 2000, XP, or etc. But through some mods to the registry, running .scr's is made possible. If you create a shortcut to the windowsCandyDaemon.exe program, and run it, it'll automatically create the necessary registry entries for that. That'll save you from renaming them to .exe's.

As far as configuration goes, to work with it as is, you'll need to do the config by the registry. And, because of the lack of documentation, I'll be writing a Standard App to do the configuration (versus incorporating that into the "Settings"). Hopefully I can get time to whip something simple up over the weekend. If anyone does have info on how the "Settings" portion of the smartphone is set up, plz pass it on!

BTW, thanks madu for the tip about the drawing.. I'm always up for winning a free smartphone.

Guest motbe

Okay.. I finally whipped up a quick "configuration" app for PocketCandy on the SmartPhone. It works flawlessly on the emulator that I'm running on my pc, but knowing that the PocketPC emulator never functions with 100% accuracy the same as a real PocketPC, we'll see if it runs correctly on the SmartPhone.

To install, download the attachment and unzip on your PC. Then, copy the PocketCandySP.exe and CandyDaemon.exe files to your SmartPhone's "windows" directory. Next, copy the PocketCandy.lnk file to your SmartPhone's "windowsStart Menu" directory.

I found I needed to soft-reset the emulator to reload the Programs menu on the SmartPhone, so you'll probably need to do the same.

Next, Open up Programs->PocketCandy, and configure it as you would like. The configuration mirrors the existing config that runs on the PocketPC.

As with any Beta software, this comes with no guarantees!

Please let me know whether it 1) runs, 2) appears to work correctly, 3) any suggestions, and 4) anything else you can think of!

Enjoy!

PocketCandySP.zip

Guest sunny

the app is ok...

but it seems that the app cant find ssavers...

by the way, we have to put the files into ISPMwindows ? or just Windows (witch is the rom area...)

Guest madu

Just applied some brainpower while reading and realised that Windows will NOT work. The folder is re-ritten from ROM on reboot, so any files place there will be erased. Any way it could use either IPSMWindows or storage card for that?

Just emailed the file to myself, no cradle at work. lol. will let you know how it goes, but as it currently seems - there's gonna be a problem with :)

Guest sunny

it seems that the app works correctly after rebooting...

( first time i ve run it, in each box nothing was displayed...)

now options appears under each categories (screen saver, delay etc etc...)

i've put candydeamon.exe and pocketcandy.exe under IPSMWindows

and i create my own shortcut...

Guest dinoalbert
it seems that the app works correctly after rebooting...  

( first time i ve run it, in each box nothing was displayed...)  

now options appears under each categories (screen saver, delay etc etc...)  

i've put candydeamon.exe and pocketcandy.exe under IPSMWindows  

and i create my own shortcut...

you mean to say that the PocketCandy can find the sscreensavers and it will automatically start after some idle time or you still need to use a button to activate it?

Guest madu

I'm sorry this sounds dumb, but you tried sreensaver as .exe and .scr right?

PS: It appears I have no time to get it sorted at work. Will investigate after.

And last, but not least: Thanks motbe for doing this whatever the outcome, especially since you are a PocketPC person, hope you win that Developer Kit!

Guest ClintEastman
And last, but not least: Thanks motbe for doing this whatever the outcome, especially since you are a PocketPC person, hope you win that Developer Kit!

I second that, good work mate, and thanks again!! :)

Guest Scarfman007

Yep it works?? So you can select the different screensavers?

Sorry, but this thread seems to have got a bit muddled up for me (feeling especially stuupid today!) .. if anyone finds out how to get it fully operational could they please give a brief overview of how this is done?