Matrix Screensaver and PocketCandySP B1.2 (motbe)

Guest benjymous

Guest dinoalbert

Can anyone please explain theses settings of PocketCandy..what is:

Delay

Battery Delay

Battery Disable

Load at Startup

Full Screen App Disable

Thank you very much....

Guest DJ WATTS
Can anyone please explain theses settings of PocketCandy..

what is: 

Delay 

Battery Delay 

Battery Disable 

Load at Startup 

Full Screen App Disable

Delay - Delay in minutes until the screensaver becomes active on your phone

Battery Delay - dunno!!

Batter Disable i think means only run the screensaver when on the cradle.

Load at startup - anyone clarify this?

Full screen app disable - Again anyone know?

Some of these settings i think dont work because after i change load at start up or Full sceen app disable and go back into the menu they have defaulted to NO anyway.

Anyway a quick question for me anyhow:

What screensavers WILL work with pocket candy and/or does the screensaver have to be written with smartphone in mind?

Will some pocket PC screensavers work and if so is it trial and error and/or maybe a little tweeking to get them to work?

Many many thanks to motbe for his support here on Modaco and his excellent work he has put in here for us all!!

Cheers mate and well done, your work is A1!!! :)

'Full screen app disable' means that it wont run if your using a full screen app...

'Load at startup' measns that the program will star running when you switch on the device

'Battery delay' Tim before comes on while charging

'Battery disable' won't run if charging

These are all settings that were designed for PPC and some of which wont apply to the SP platform...

Guest dinoalbert
'Full screen app disable' means that it wont run if your using a full screen app... 

'Load at startup' measns that the program will star running when you switch on the device

So what is meant by "Full Screen App"???

can someone confirm if these settings are applicable for the Smartphone because even though I tried changing the settings of these two, it always return to the default.

'Battery disable' won't run if charging

If a bit confused with these setting...if I set it to YES.....the SS WILL or WILL NOT run if the phone is charging?

another question: the Matrix SS when activated has the backlight always turned on....while the Aquarium SS does not....is this normal?

Thanks again...

Guest Myke

motbe, you are freaking amazing. i just want you to know that. you dont even own a smartphone!!! i hope you enjoy your guitar :)

Guest Speedy

Dave Dr

Dl your cab. Great work...

however. The matrix screen saver is in exe!!!

And when i install it it still installs to Ipsmwindows unfortunately

You might want to mod this :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]
another question: the Matrix SS when activated has the backlight always turned on....while the Aquarium SS does not....is this normal?

Thanks again...

I have found the opposite i the case of Matrix. The backlight refuses to stay on.

Another bug i noticed was the auto device lock causes problems when its running. Took me 10 minutes or so to coax the keylock off my phone after it kicked in when i was asleep...

Guest lutzh

hi mono,

you should time the screensaver to start after the backlight has gone off already. then this problem is no problem...

cheers, lutz

Guest Richie M
And when i install it it still installs to Ipsmwindows  unfortunately
hhhm yeah looking at the code it will always install to IPSMWindows not matter what you put when it asks for the install location.

give you and option where u can choose if its the storage card or phone memory...

er yeah mate it will give you the option but it will always install to IPSMWindows.

If you want to enable the user to install on the storage card you need to use a CE directory identifier, if memory serves me correctly %CE2% is Windows. Therefore if the user selects Storage Card it will install to Storage CardWindows otherwise it will be IPSMWindows.

You will have to be carefull tho because of the shortcuts and .dll's (as i believe dll's have to be installed on the phone)

Anyway, i hope this helps a bit :)

Guest Speedy

Weirdest thing!!!!

I wanted the screensavers on the sd card, so i just copied them all to a folder including pocketcandy.exe (leaving pocketdemon in startup).

Then i edited the registry.

When i wanted to select my screensaver i found out that only the matrix sreen saver would work, even though i could select all of them in pocketcandy. Why is this??

I cant figure it out..

Put everything back in ipsmwindows reedited the registry and all sreensavers works like a charm.

Any suggestions??

Guest PsychoDave

Must be something to do eith the .dll file.

Try just moving that file back to ipsmwindows.

Worth a bash anyway :lol:

Oh and Motbe, You Da Man :) :( :D

Guest motbe

Thanks guys!

Just a quick reply to clarify things about the settings for PocketCandy:

Delay: This is the # of minutes before a screensaver will launch when your phone is plugged in (or in the cradle).

Battery Delay: the # of minutes before a screensaver will launch when your phone's on battery power.

Battery Disable: If set to "yes", then screensaver's won't be launched when your phone is on battery power.

Load at Startup: This option I'm still tweaking to get it right. If set to "Yes", it adds a shortcut to the windowsstartup folder so that pocketcandy automatically starts when you reset your phone.

Full Screen App Disable: If set to "Yes", it won't launch a screensaver if it finds a full screen application open (like Snails, screensavers, or other full screen games and applications).

Log Activity: Logs helpful information for fixing problems to a My DocumentsPocketCandy Log.txt file. This just helps me in figuring out what's going on with PocketCandy on your device.

There are other options included in the PocketPC version, but I stripped them out since they don't apply to the smartphone.

I'm going to try and get the Load At Startup option finalized tonight, and I'll go ahead and put out a new cab file for download. I'll also be including code that'll fix the bug with reminders not popping up...

Guest dinoalbert

Thank you very much motbe and everyone...all my questions are clearly answered now.

excellent work motbe......hope you get a Smartphone for yourself soon! :)

Guest motbe
So this could in effect run anything right? Can we allow for it to run links (.lnk) - that way... Or just 1 particular link say screeny.lnk that would be in Screensaver folder. Run a tune for example, or something..

I completely missed this part of your post from a while back.. I was researching everything that had been posted, prepping for my coding tonight!

Yes, this can run anything, except for the fact that I've got it limited to looking for .SCR files. So, any "link" that you put in won't work. I've been thinking of adding code to look for screensavers both in the "Dir" that's listed in the registry as well as Storage CardScreensavers. That way, screensavers can be anywhere in those dirs, and it'll find them. The other option is to think of another file extension that just PocketCandy uses. The extension would be similar to the LNK extension, but would allow PocketCandy to limit the files that it searches for (that's why I put the limit in the first place, there's too many EXE's on the device, so I didn't want it thinking they were screensavers). So, the type could be "SSLNK", or maybe just "SS". And voila, links to screensavers could be placed in the Screensavers dir, and then the screensaver installed to anywhere.

So, that's just an idea....

Guest Speedy

Great work motbe,

However it still has the problem when somebody calls, it does not quit the screen saver.

Hopefulle that will be in a future release.

Great work

Guest madu

Thanks for that motbe!

I very much appreciate the fact (and I'm sure many will support me on this1) that you do all this hard work for us our little SP community, even though you have not got one. :)

Shame you didn't win the competition (you entered it right?) but i'm sure there's more coming and SP is indeed a sound system, hopefully you'll get a chance to play with your own v soon! Thanks again!

Guest dinoalbert

Yikes! Help...I left the matrix screensaver running for quite long but then I cant stop it....keeps on running...no other option but to remove the battery and restart the phone?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I still managed to remove the device lock through the screen saver, at which point it stopped. Look carefully and you can just about see whats going on underneath...

Guest Brody

Just use the two keys (left soft key and #) as you would normally to unlock, even though u can't see what you're doing and then hit the left soft key once more, that should stop it, i find that no other key stops the screensavers but the left soft key.

Guest DJ WATTS

Wow this screensaver eats pure battery i tell ya.

Put the Matrix screensaver on about 6:00PM wednesday night, then went to pictures to see Matrix Reloaded for 8:00PM (how apropriate eh? :) ) and left it running until the film finished about 11:00PM and i had one bar left of charge on the phone!! :shock:

As it stands at the moment, i dont think it is at all usable in an everyday enviroment but hell its good to have on the phone non the less.

Maybe what IS needed is a set time the screensaver will run for like 10 mins after 1 minute of inactivity and then just quit or maybe even configurable to the users settings.

What you think?

Guest motbe

DJ: That's one reason I put in the "Battery Disable" option. If you set it to "Yes", then the screensavers won't run when your phone's on battery power (only when you've got it recharging/in the cradle). I can include an option like you're suggesting. If there's big demand for it, then I'll probably include it...