Matrix Screensaver and PocketCandySP B1.2 (motbe)

Guest benjymous

Guest drblow
a time restriction for how long the screensaver runs would be brilliant...

YES, YES, YES!!!!

I think that this feature is what is really needed for this app. That, and the option to keep the backlight on.

I have the app installed, but rarely use it, as it drains too much battery power if not connected to the cradle, and when in the cradle, you can't really see it coz theres no backlight!

These two additions would make it actually useable as the ideal screensaver software, I think!

Guest morpheus

I cannot get the screensave to work unless it is in the cradle, can someone tell me why.

Thanks in advance

M...........

Guest lutzh

maybe this is the answer:

Battery Disable: If set to "yes", then screensaver's won't be launched when your phone is on battery power.

just set it on no and then it should work...

cheers, lutz

Guest motbe
a time restriction for how long the screensaver runs would be brilliant...

Okay, I've been thinking about the time restriction option. It can be configurable, just like the delay period, but I'm almost not seeing the point in it to some degree. Here's what would happen:

1. The screensaver would launch and run for 10 minutes (if that's how long the time restriction was set for)

2. After 10 minutes, the screensaver would be dismissed automatically by pocketcandy.

3. After x minutes of delay (whatever's set for the Delay period), the screensaver's launched again. Repeat steps 2 - 3 indefinitely.

So, really the only time that the screensaver would be running would be when you're using the phone or in the time between when PocketCandy dismissed the screensaver and then relaunched it.

So, does it make sense to include an option like that? And/or, if it makes sense, are there any suggestions on improving upon that functionality?

Guest jim80b

welll what i really want to happen is:

when on battery

{

1. screensaver launched after the delay i've set.

2. runs for x minutes( 5 -10 prob)

3. turns off screen AND stops running saver (to save battery)

}

when on ac just run.

if u can get pocket candy to write to the reg u could get it to run x minutes, shut it down and change the reg to screen off, stop checking for keypresses and after a bit it turn off. the on wakeup it could reset the values and monitor again.

(no idea if thats possib but thats a workaround as i see it)

Guest drblow

I think it's really just a case of having as many different configuration options as possible.

I think this is a great app for the phone - however, as the battery life is a bit of an issue anyway, I don't really want to leave the screensaver running all the time. But it would be nice to be able to set it on a desk, and show off the screensaver, or just let it run once for your own amusement! But it would definately be better if it could be set to disable itself after a set period, coz without the backlight on, I forget that it's running & leave it sitting for hours pointlessly running a screensaver & killing my battery!!

The option to keep the backlight on (when in cradle & out) is the most important thing to me. By the time the screensaver has come on, my backlight has gone off & then I can't really see it (coz to get the backlight on I have to press a key & then the screensaver goes off...)

That's what I reckon!! :wink:

Guest Scarfman007

Ok motbe, maybe I'm being stupid, but jim80b's explanation didn't make it wholly clear to me how we *think* it should work...

Here's what I understand -

When in cradle wait x mins then just keep backlight and screensaver on until a button is pressed. (easy enough to understand)

When on battery:

Wait y1 mins - at this time backlight will be off or (possibly??) just about to go off, start screensaver and put backlight on.

Stay like this for y2 mins (this is the showy-off period) and then stop screensaver and turn power off screen (to stop both backlight and screensaver from eating our batteries).

Now the screensaver will *not* turn back on again after y1 mins (this is to avoid the endless repeating cycle you described in your last post), instead when the user presses any button the screen will come back on at the home screen ready for the user to do stuff (this is normal OS behaviour).

Now the candydaemon will start timing again and the cycle will repeat itself (after y1 mins turn on backlight and screensaver, etc, etc).

Hope that helps! I would've posted it in pseudo-code, but my brain ain't working too well at the moment :roll: !

Scarfman

• 2 months later...
Guest marksewell

MOtbe I agree with the other guys, This is by far the coolest thing Ive seen on this platform !

If we ever meet I'll buy you a pint and a plectrum :-)

But YES YES YES we need the config for the time. Jim80b has got it right !

Run for 10 mins and then shutdown scr.... Is this possible ??

kepp up the great work anyway mate !

• 3 months later...

Hi

i hav tried 2 get this screensaver onto my phone but everytime i try to install it i get a message saying: installation failed. the program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have adequate system permissions.

i don't know what this means or how to rectify it, please help.

Thanx

Guest PsychoDave

Hey Sazzy,

Is your phone app-unlocked? if not then click on OTA and fill out the forms to unlock your phone.

If it is already unlocked then try downloading the cab again and trying again.

If that doesn't work I'm sure someone else here will be able to point you in the right direction. :(

Have fun :lol: ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest medusatouch

Sorry, but when I run the setup on the PC, the E200 says: Cannot install the Cab file as the program was not designed for this device. Is there something I am not doing?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...