new smartamazing phone owner

Guest Anjo448

Guest Anjo448

i just bought a smart amazing phone but i want to use globe sim card. Is there a way to sim unlock it. I will also need info on how to setup gprs...

salamat...

Guest BizMaster
i just bought a smart amazing phone but i want to use globe sim card. Is there a way to sim unlock it. I will also need info on how to setup gprs...

I managed to sim unlock mine and placed a glode sim card on it. It works if you're using it to make calls. I tried setting-up the GPRS settings manually for Globe but it won't work. Globe customer service do not know how to set it up either. Hi tech na raw kasi sila na OTA na raw ang pag set-up sa mga phones ngayon using "GO (CP Model)" then send to 2951. Kaso, the SAP's settings is not on their computers' database.

So ang ending, still using the Smart SIM on my SAP. The only thing good about unlocking the sim lock of the phone is in case walang signal ang smart sa isang lugar pero globe meron, you could just fit in the globe sim to make a call. Other than that is nada!

My two cents worth.

Guest mlkanapi

I can give you the settings for Globe GPRS to allow you to surf. However, it only works with a post paid line.

Try: Under Settings,Click on Menu. Choose Edit connections then Choose GPRS Connections. Make a name for the Globe GPRS connection you are about to make.

Connects to: The Internet

Access point: internet.globe.com.ph

User name: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Primary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

IP address: 203.127.225.11

Press Done.

Let me know if it works for you.

Good Day!

Guest arvmd

Sir Dino albert,

Hi, i have tried the unlock code procedure from lifeetc.org, how come i couldn't go beyond 0% message in the spv unlock code retrieval, I'm only using the usb cable that came with the unit, not the cradle, I hope u could help me or at least direct me to a shop who could do it, tnx

Guest dinoalbert

@arvmd -check the other thread that discussed this topic...HOW TO SIM UNLOCK....or pm and ask BizMaster who was able to unlock his phone...maybe you guys could meet and help arvmd.

I only posted the procedure but I personally didnt try to unlock my phone yet though I saw my mates just followed the procedure and were successful in unlocking their phone

Guest Anjo448

to arvmd:

i also followed the procedure at lifeetc.org and was successful. are you sure you follow the procedure step by step?

based on info from the net, it will work for bootloader 0.91 to 0.98

Guest Anjo448

btw thanks for the info on gprs setting...

need another info from you guys,

how do i setup extra long text messaging (xtm) or e-mail function?

rgds,

Guest arvmd

Tnx DinoAlbert and Anjo, I finally found the solution to my problem and was able to unlock my phone, its true that SPV unlock program only works on XP and i think windows 2000, but not with ME, or 98. I can use my phone now with globe although I still cant send MMS or use the GPRS.

Guest sherwinsm

i was on the other forums... there was a topic there something about unlocking the phone..yes, it voids the warranty, but did any of u tried the hard reset? will it restore your phone to its original settings? i mean will it lock the phone to smart again?

Guest jbyte
but did any of u tried the http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=1992>Hard Reset?

I have "hard resetted" already five (5) tanagers and that's includes mine.

> will it restore your phone to its original settings? i mean will it lock the phone to smart again?

Yes, it will restore to its original settings (out-of-the-box settings), but you will loose your messages and contacts on the phone. Better backup it first.

> will it lock the phone to smart again?

Although I have not tried "SIM unlock" my phone, I think you need to "SIM unlock" it again after the hard reset. :?