Squeek Squeek!

Guest James

Guest yatpeak

I believe you could, but it would have to be controlled by the thumbpad/keypad, which may be a bit hard to use. Personally, I'd prefer it, but many people seem to have a problem with using the thumbpad for too many things.

Wyatt

Guest Gorskar

But if you had some kind of trackball to clip in there the camera goes imagine how much easier it would be to play games like doom, quake and pocketSCUMM games.

I seem to remember orange saying soemthing about some kind of gaming cradle when they annouced the SPVx, but I cant be bothered to search for the thread.

Mouse support should be fairly easy to add - I beleive that the spv has a serial port on it so all you would need to do if find a way of wiring a mouse in.

Oh, then there's the small problem of trying to find a serial mouse - most are PS2 these days - not really sure what the difference is though. Then again, some meeces can be plugged into either a PS2 port or (via an appropriate adaptor) a serial port.

Hax

• 2 weeks later...
Guest benjymous

and surprisingly, a lot of smartphone already has mouse support (a throwback from the pocketpc innards, I guess)

In the emulator, or using the remote display control, you can drag scrollbars and click menu items and buttons and things (though lots of stuff doesn't support a mouse)