The point of moderators?

Guest pteale

Guest pteale

What is the point of moderators on a forum like this?

They seem to censor or close topics of valid posts.

Whilst i understand that duplicate posts about a similar topic can be frustrating i think its wrong to censor posts unless there offensive in some way.

There is also a lot of inconsistency in what they do and dont moderate too.

No doubt they will get locked too but ive made my point.

Guest superkingdave

'sometimes its hard to be a moderator,

giving all your time to just one site'

chill they cant get everything right, i bet if you did a poll you'd get 95% of people saying they do a good job.

Do you think you'd be prepared to give up so much time for the community :?:

mods rule :!:

Guest Richie M

It aint censorship m8, everywhere has rules - if you break a rule your post gets deleted - as and fair as that.

If you post in an irrelavant group your post gets moved.

If you ask a duplicate post it'll get locked.

nothing wrong with that, if we didn't have Mods it'd be chaos.

Mods Rock :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

pteale: You had a duplicate post. You could have replied to the original. Your post went off [any] topic. Wheres the censorship?

Guest Richie M

Did you just read Mono's reply to you or not?

noone was stopping you posting your comments in the original thread.

Your post was deleted because of that and your irrelavent topic (bit like this thread now - Move to Off-topic anyone ?)

Guest kevlar

Every forum I've ever used gets a thread like this every now and again. It usually ends with people leaving or being banned, so either except it or find another forum. But you will find that they are all pretty much the same, except maybe dodgey warez forums!

That said, I do get fed up of hearing ' please search ', far more annoying than actually seeing questions repeated, but I can live with it to get use out of a very helpfull forum.

Kevlar

Guest Richie M
So how can i reply if the post gets deleted?

i think this would be better if you PM'd the concerned Mod (guessing it was Mono) and discussed it that way, as your personal gripe with how your post has been treated is not really a discussion for "SPVTanager Main".

Guest pteale

i think this would be better if you PM'd the concerned Mod (guessing it was Mono) and discussed it that way, as your personal gripe with how your post has been treated is not really a discussion for "SPVTanager Main".

I did first, it was a waste of time

Guest pteale

Anyway im ending this discussion now, moderators, feel free to delete/censor or wtf your job is.

I can see im wasting my time with you plebs

Just to stir up the the hornets nest some more:

I do think pteale's got a point and it's been mentioned before in loads of other threads. The hassle of repeated questions is now less annoying than the millions of "Search first!" and "Topic locked/moved" posts.

Guest yatpeak

Though there are a fair few posts being moved, I think people have cut back a bit on the "Search first", but maybe I just haven't noticed it so much.

Wyatt