xRick new GAME port ***new version with sound from Stuff ***

Guest malloc

Guest mashkhan

I know what you mean, I've been playing it all morning instead of working. I'm getting all sorts of funny looks! Best game I've played on SPV so far. If only we could have a save option *hint*

Guest MoRFLeZ

That's what happens when you don't read the instructions!!

/me's hearing the annoying WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH now!!

Gotta luff it!

Edited: I'm stomped!!! How on earth to you get past the part with the spikes in the ground!?

It's right after the firsts(?!) bat, and having blown a rock away with a bomb.

Edited: NEVERMIND. I thought I had tried everything .. figured it out *pat self*

Guest Deemon

very cool...and the volume keys are in a perfect position for jump and action....very nicely done guys....

wwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:-)

just download the latest version, it is in ladscape view.

can anyone help me, im stuck! im just after the part where u shoot the bat and drop down the big tunnel. then theres a block u have to blow up with dynamite, after here there are 2 spikes on the floor which i cant jump over to get further. any ideas?

Guest vijay555

you have to control the fall to fall over the spikes..

Or enable the cheat :)

I know the latest version is in landscape, but the game is far too tough! so i enabled the cheat and recompiled, but the version with source available isn't in landscape.

However, the game is damn sight more enjoyable with infinite lives, bullets, dynamite and no collision detection :(

I know i'm a wuss, but still, i want to enjoy the experience! From my amiga days i think i never got far beyond the first level!

What we need now is someone to re-code chuckie egg, and we'll have phone-generated ecstacy and p800 users wetting themselves :D

V

Guest Matt Whitfield

Uh, dude - awesome work! That game is geat!

Well done especially to Malloc, and then Stuff for putting the icing on the cake.

Guest vijay555

anyone else think that this game is by far and away the most commerially viable game on the spv so far?!

Good thing it's free :)

V

Guest superkingdave

quality fcukin quality, u is da man. by the way anyone one got any cheat?

i think this is one of the best games so far on spv, its exaxctyly how i remember it from amiga! (and still blumin hard)

Guest EmpzB

Hmmm cant get the sounds to work, Ive got the game playin though.

I put the sounds on the storage card in a folder called sounds, dreated a shorcut and placed this in start menu, any ideas why it wont work :s

Guest muff

guessing (haven't installed it yet) that the sounds directory has to be in the same directory as the exe, so if the exe is in your games folder, then the sounds folder should also be in there

really you should put the game+sounds folder somewhere else and only put the shortcut into the games menu though

Guest vijay555

Just extract the zip with sounds in and extract to directory.

Run from there (via shortcut or otherwise)

Folder should be:

Storage Card

+ RickSound (contains all the .wav files)

rick.exe

Works too fine for me. Damn irritating :)

I've got the cheats working fine, but i think that they're not enabled for the spv. They require you to press function key F7/F8.

I'll re-code the source to make them work on SPV num-pad, but as indicated, i don't have the source for the version with sound or landscape.

Bugger it, i'll have to do it myself.

Stuff, send me the new source pls ;(

V

Guest realistik

All we need now is a port of Super Off-Road from my Amiga playing day. I could spend all night and day playing that one.

Guest morpheus

I have put the .EXE on the storage card along with a folder called sounds with the wav files in it and put a shortcut on the main screen.

When I run the shortcut, I get the RICK DANGEROUNS screen and the HALL OF FAME screen, how do I start to play ?!!!!!!!!!!!

M..........

Guest malloc
Stuff, send me the new source pls ;(

Stuff is working on a new version that should be out very soon

and he will provide the sources this time :)

I didn't activate the cheat codes on my version because the

game is quite short... maybe some sort of Continue would

be better than infinite life/bullet etc...

malloc

• 5 months later...
Guest PritenC
What we need now is someone to re-code chuckie egg, and we'll have phone-generated ecstacy and p800 users wetting themselves  

I second that. Chuckie egg was one of the greatest games i ever played. Had it on the BBC and my first IBM